Photobucket

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A year ago...wow what a change!

This time last year God began working in my heart in a very new and challenging way.  I remember specifically starting to pray that He would put HIS desires for Jim and I's life into our hearts so that our desires would match His.  I wanted more than just want I wanted, I wanted what He wanted but I didn't know what that was.  Little did I know as I started praying for that, that He would start working so quickly and strongly in my heart and life.

I remember He first started breaking my heart for the orphans.  Then I remember Him putting Uganda in my heart and it hasn't left ever since and I am SOO looking forward to going over next year if that is what His plans are for me.  Then I remember Him telling us that our first child would be through adoption.  All the pain of the past 4.5 years of four miscarriages and years of trying flew away.  Now your probably thinking really...how could it do that, that fast...but it did because of Him.  When I found out His calling for this next journey in our life and He showed me how He wanted to grow our family, there was no turning back for me.  I knew that those past four years were all leading up to this.  Through those years He grew me in so many ways and I leaned on Him through it all, which strengthened our relationship.  Now He was starting us on a new journey and it included adoption.

Little did I know that this time, this year I would be writing this while my son was just a few feet away from me sleeping.  God is good.  When I think about the journey God has brought Jim and I through with this adoption and through this past year, tears come to my eyes because I would never want it any other way, now that we have gone through it.  Jim and I still don't understand why God would chose us, pick us and entrust us to go on this journey and place Isaac in our arms but we are so incredibly thankful He did.  Now after experiencing adoption, I not only get a small little glimpse of what it might have felt for God to adopt us as children but God gave us the opportunity to break our hearts a little more, grow them a little more, get us out of our comfort zone a little more, trust Him a little more and oh the joys in doing so!


A blog friend of mine, Andrea, wrote a beautiful blog and so many of her words felt like they came straight from my heart...here are some... "growing our family through adoption is even more beautiful than I ever imagined..." and "There are some experiences in life that I can’t imagine NOT having…and this is one of them. In it, I have seen the face and heart of God in a new, real way..." and "It truly is a miracle–and if you have not experienced the miracle of adoption–there are really no words I can describe for the hardship of the journey, heartache of the past, and absolute JOY in the hope that comes when you are united." and "THIS IS FOR A GREATER PURPOSE. Not just a bigger family. Not just for me and Rich (her husband) or “our calling in life”. Not just for Isaac (her Isaac). AND NOT JUST for the good of the other children either. BUT also for the glory of God." and then last but certainly not least I love when she said this... 

"I think so many families struggle with following God in adoption as if it’s JUST going to be too hard. As if THEY are going to have to GIVE UP stuff. As if THEY can’t do it. As if it’s about THEIR sacrifice. I have to confess–I probably felt that way at one point. But now, I am so humbled. Thankful. That God would open our eyes and allow us to grow our family this way—essentially choose us!!! He kept me up at night last summer–unable to peacefully sleep (much like now I guess!) only it was because He wanted to GIVE ME MORE! A more blessed life…yes, some times hard…but I venture to say not following Him would be even harder." 


As most of you know who read this God gave us Ephesians 3:20 at the beginning of this journey and He has not only lived it out once and proved this verse true once but over and over again and even today I have some AMAZING news to share...

Today we received a check in the mail for $600...exact amount we need to cover the lawyer fees to finalize Isaac's adoption!  This came from a family who asked that we not mention their names because they want all the praise to go to God.  How awesome is that!  They are a family who we have never met, live a couple states south of us and just found us on our blog and have been following our journey and wanted to live out radically for God by sending us this gift.  There are not enough words I literally could come up with to thank my God  and for these people and all the other people God has used to be His hands and feet to bless and help Jim and I through this journey.  May God GREATLY bless you and use you MIGHTILY for His kingdom!  You and your family (you know who you are) are VERY dear to our hearts and we pray one day we can do the same for other families in need!  What a radical, awesome way to live...

In His amazing grip,

4 comments:

  1. Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!! Praise HIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredible about the money!!! A family recently did that for us. When we were planning on doing the IUI, they sent us the exact amount to cover it!!! I was BLOWN AWAY. God is SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! And even greater, what God is continuing to do in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How incredible about the money!!! A family recently did that for us. When we were planning on doing the IUI, they sent us the exact amount to cover it!!! I was BLOWN AWAY. God is SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete