Photobucket

Friday, July 2, 2010

Looking forward to the weekend...

HAPPY JULY 4TH WEEKEND!!!

Hope everyone got the memo of us switching web addresses from www.starkeyadoption.blogspot.com to www.starkeyfamilythree.blogspot.com!  By doing so, it erased the section where all the blogs I read came up so I am going to manually have to put them all in again, hoping I remember every blog I go to and read!  YIKES!

Right now you'll notice the tabs up top have changed a bit and the info inside them has changed too!  Although, right now you will not be able to access the info inside because I have to wait until the lady that helps me with the blog comes back from vacation!  When she comes back, I plan on doing a different theme since this one is kind of girly and now it's a family blog and we have a boy!  We will also be changing the title up top too once she gets back!  I just don't know how to do those sorts of things!

TODAY... Isaac is 12 days old!  It's crazy that he is almost two weeks old!  Time has flown by since we have brought him home!  Poor little guy has had bad gas yesterday and today.  We got some gas drops and I'm hoping they work but so far I really cannot tell too much, or at least they don't last that long.  I tried belly massage and pulling legs up like I read online but that only made him cry even worse.  I feel so bad for him because I just want him to feel good and not be in pain!

We had to go to the doctor yesterday because they had to cauterize his umbilical cord.  We found out he has gained 1 pound since birth!  The boy is growing fast!  He now weighs 5 lbs 15 oz!  Last night and today he is hungry and wanting to eat his 2 oz of formula every 2-2.5 hours, do you think that means we should bump up the amount of formula we are giving him so that he doesn't get hungry so fast?  As you can tell we are still so new to this and learning as we go along!  He gave mommy lots of smiles this morning, which made my day!

We are taking him out of the house for the first time (besides doc appointment and coming home) on Sunday to celebrate July 4th!  We are going to my sister's house for a get-together with my sister and her husband and kids!  That way it's not too many people for Isaac and we can celebrate our first holiday as a family of three!  I bought us matching t-shirts and onesie at Old Navy to wear on July 4th!  July 4th is also the anniversary of when Jim proposed to me 6 years ago!

Not too much else to say so i'll leave ya with a few pics...

14 comments:

  1. I know when I fed Lucas the doctor said every 2-3 hours so it seems about right but you should call your pediatrician if you are concerned.

    He is just too sweet. Is he wearing preemie clothing or newborn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. premie and some newborn depending on how narrow the newborn is! Premie diapers too! he is such a cutie! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow... soooooo cute!!! I can't wait to see what the blog looks like with a new design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to grow, little man!!! He is such a doll!!
    Hope you all have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a little ham!! haha. awww... I love all those newborn faces and little bitty features. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is soo precious!!! I can't wait to meet him! Hope you enjoy your first holiday together as a family of 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie!!! He is probably going through a growth spurt, usually between 1 and 2 weeks they go through their first one, but I'm not sure about feeding him more, I say go for it. I nursed mine and just fed them around the clock it felt like when they went through growth spurts. :) Happy first 4th as a family of three!!! (that almost make no sense, but you know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of his tiny hands. I bet you could just spend all day hugging him and smelling that sweet baby smell. The only thing that changes as they get older is that you have to catch them to hug them. WeeMan is a pretty fast runner. Can't wait to see pics of you all in your 4th of July shirts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually got to meet Diana this morning and we talked about you guys! :) We were marveling at how fast everything happened! She'll be back before you know it.

    I sure am enjoying your updates. The matching shirts and onesie put tears in my eyes, awww!! I hope you enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's so cute! He must be doing well. Our doctor said they like to see babies back to their birth weight by 2 weeks, so the fact that he's a pound over is incredible!

    How did you change your blog name without losing all your old posts? I want to change mine since we are no longer 4 cunninghams, but 5, but have no idea how.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! I got the little nlue outfit that he has on with the puppy on it for Elijah. I can't wait to dress him in it :) Very soon...
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new blog. I am really looking forward to following your new journey with your little blessing... Megan :-)

    http://lifeatthewebers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new blog. I am really looking forward to following your new journey with your little blessing... Megan :-)

    http://lifeatthewebers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know when I fed Lucas the doctor said every 2-3 hours so it seems about right but you should call your pediatrician if you are concerned.

    He is just too sweet. Is he wearing preemie clothing or newborn?

    ReplyDelete