Today the doctor put Isaac on a new formula called Similac Alimentum hypoallergenic formula. They said it was expensive, which I figured and so I looked online and found out it literally is the MOST EXPENSIVE formula out there. To be honest I am getting a little stressed about how in the world we are going to be able to afford this. What stinks is we make just enough to not quality for WIC but to where it's still really hard for us to afford this, especially after exhausting all our funds for the adoption.
In stores its around $312 just for 12 cans, which at around 4 oz would last us around 42 days. Yet, keep in mind Isaac won't be at 4 oz for long, he will keep increasing, which means more formula.
I looked online and found it cheapest on ebay for $209 for 12 cans and at a website for $249 for 12 cans. Even at these cheap prices I don't know how we are going to swing this. Mom wrote similac for us, I wrote similac and I am going to call my doctor's office and ask for more samples too.
Please pray for us concerning this. I want to do whatever I can to get this for him because I just want him to be better and be able to eat. It breaks my heart when he would cry out in pain while eating so if this works I will be so happy!
If you know of anyone that has any of these left over from getting them free or from their baby, please let me know!
With finding this out and then finding out we have to come up with $600 asap for our lawyer before they will set our court date, its really getting to me and I just sit here in tears. I am being honest and open right now because I just need your prayers. I know God will take care of us and provide! It's just hard.
Sorry this isn't a happy/encouraging blog post, it's a real one though and one that is needing lots of prayer! We are SO in love with Isaac and just want him to be healthy and happy!
Love,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you April! My nephew had to be on that formula for a few weeks...then he was able to switch to an off brand type of it..then back to regular. I hope the same goes for Isaac. Our oldest son has asthma, and really battled it for about 3 years. We do not have prescription coverage, and at one point his medication was $600 a month. We got rid of the cell phone, internet, no more twice a month date nights and would have gotten rid of the tv bill, but had already done that. I felt like we were in the poor house! (Ha! now I look back and think... "we used to be able to go on a date twice a month?!?") Kenny took on side work, and month after month the Lord provided. I will be praying for you all......I hope you will be encouraged and uplifted just by loving on that little miracle tonight!!!
ReplyDeletethank you so much Julie! I was just thinking about that, how if we have to, I dont mind getting rid of tv and internet just to get his formula! he is so worth it!
ReplyDeleteHang in there April. The devil sure does like to trample on the great things God does for us! I'll keep my eyes out and ask around to see if anyone has any or coupons. Keep that beautiful chin up! God will help you out I know it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation on your new baby. Have you and your husband gotten your whopping cough vacinations. I live in California, and there been an epidemic. Don't let too many people around your son. God Bless
ReplyDeletehey april, our baby was born on june 12th, so they are 8 days apart right? how amazing! im praying for you and the situation with the formula, i would be feeling the EXACT same way as you. God will provide!
ReplyDeleteApril,
ReplyDeleteI don't actually know you, but through friends who have posted about your story on facebook, i have also been reading about your journey....
I actually work at the hospital that Issac was born, in the NICU, and attended his delivery. :) Anyway, because he was premature, what is the reason he is needing Alimentum? What was he on before? There might be other options available to him, that might be more affordable, and still meet his needs! ;)
Good luck, and I love hearing your encouraging story. Keep your head up... look how far you have came!
I'm sorry :-( I relied on samples from my ped. with my kiddos and that helped a lot. God will provide.
ReplyDeletehey april!
ReplyDeletei am a friend of a friend and have been reading your blog daily:) we are also on the domestic adoption track and are about a month behind you on our time line. i'm commenting because our eldest son was put on alimentum as well when he was a couple of weeks old.. a HUGE help to us was our pediatrician, who contacted the similac sales rep and told them about our family.. literally every time we went for a check up, she had free CASES of the stuff for us to pick up! it really helped a lot because it is so expensive. thank you for blogging so much, so that i can live vicariously through you until we bring our new baby home:)
god bless!
chelsie
April - I'll be praying, we'll pray at small group tonight, and I'll put in a prayer request for your family at church. Hang in there!
ReplyDeletehi april. thank you for your transparency. i'm going to be praying about this! have you seen/gotten the similac coupons? if not, you should sign up for them. they send checks every month. usually they are around $5. [actually at the beginning, i think they are a free can...then they taper off to around $5 off.] people even sell them on ebay.
ReplyDeleteyou can use other people's checks, too...so you could ask your others if they have the free can ones!
and yes, maybe your doctor will save you samples, too!
I'm so sorry to hear that you're stressed, April! I pray that God will give you His peace and assurance that He WILL provide for your needs! You have been so strong and so faithful through many more trying things and now look at the ways God has come through for you. Keep it up, girl!
ReplyDeletehey april!
ReplyDeletei am a friend of a friend and have been reading your blog daily:) we are also on the domestic adoption track and are about a month behind you on our time line. i'm commenting because our eldest son was put on alimentum as well when he was a couple of weeks old.. a HUGE help to us was our pediatrician, who contacted the similac sales rep and told them about our family.. literally every time we went for a check up, she had free CASES of the stuff for us to pick up! it really helped a lot because it is so expensive. thank you for blogging so much, so that i can live vicariously through you until we bring our new baby home:)
god bless!
chelsie