Photobucket

Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a difference....

I am amazed at in just one day on this new formula how amazingly different Isaac is! I love to feed him again now! The past two weeks before we switched formulas, the poor thing would be in so much pain during feedings that it would break my heart and I would hate to do feedings just because of watching him be in pain. Now I thank God and sit there in amazement while he drinks his formula pain-free and is so content! Thank you Lord so much!

This formula is SUPER hard to mix! One of our friends said they bought a hand-held mixer when their son was on it. We don't have one so that is something we might have to save up for and get and for now we are using a whisk.

Also this formula smells like CRAZY! It even makes his poo smell way worse too but hey, if it makes him happy then I am ok with it! We found out at his doctor's appointment he weighs 8 lbs now too! how awesome is that!

SIDE NOTE: Many people have asked about us getting the generic form of it at the stores. However, this formula is different from most regular sensitive/lactose free formulas. Those are also made into generic brands you can buy cheaper but this formula is only made by two companies and its either similac alimentum or enfamil nutramigen and there is no cheaper/generic way to buy it unfortunately!

I feel much better about the whole thing, thanks for all your wonderful encouraging comments or comments of ideas and tips in the last post! We still have no idea how we will afford this but I have given it to the Lord and am trying not to worry about it!

Three things I am doing tomorrow:

1. Calling doctor's office to see if they can get us more samples.
2. Calling WIC even though we dont qualify, since he was a premie and is on special formula they can give prescription for.
3. Calling our insurance to see if they cover it. I read online that people with medical mutual said they didn't cover it unlike most insurances, but I'm still going to give it a try!

Please keep praying for this formula situation! We REALLY appreciate it! We love you all!

Love,

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy he is doing so much better!!! Thank God! :) We went through that with our daughter. She would scream literally 16 of 24 hrs in a day, and docs told me I was a new mother and babies just get fussy. She would throw up more than half of what she ate, and docs said I was a new mother and needed to realize babies spit up. *sigh* Finally had to take her to Children's Hospital ER one night when she wouldn't stop screaming and she had reflux and was allergic to her formula. Got her on Enfamil Nutramigen and she was the happiest baby EVER! :)

    I'll keep praying for ways to help cover the expense of it, as I know how that adds up. And when I come across an opportunity for coupons I'll send them your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about using your KitchenAid Mixer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he's doing I'll be praying that you get some help. I was trying to brainstorm ideas for you - do you have any close friends who could do a formula drive for you and ask people to sponsor a can or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be willing to send me your mailing address? There's something I want to send you. :) My email is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you have the same mixer!! Would it be helpful for Isaac's formula? Or you mean one of the handheld ones you stick the end of down into liquid and it has the little circular blade at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm thinking they mean the hand held one but we might try our big one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm thinking they mean the hand held one but we might try our big one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad he's doing I'll be praying that you get some help. I was trying to brainstorm ideas for you - do you have any close friends who could do a formula drive for you and ask people to sponsor a can or something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy he is doing so much better!!! Thank God! :) We went through that with our daughter. She would scream literally 16 of 24 hrs in a day, and docs told me I was a new mother and babies just get fussy. She would throw up more than half of what she ate, and docs said I was a new mother and needed to realize babies spit up. *sigh* Finally had to take her to Children's Hospital ER one night when she wouldn't stop screaming and she had reflux and was allergic to her formula. Got her on Enfamil Nutramigen and she was the happiest baby EVER! :)

    I'll keep praying for ways to help cover the expense of it, as I know how that adds up. And when I come across an opportunity for coupons I'll send them your way!!

    ReplyDelete