Photobucket

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our God...

Right before we got the call that we had a son, I had been listening a lot that week to "Our God" one of Chris Tomlin's newest songs that he did with Matt Redman!  It's one of my new favorite songs and poor little Isaac will probably know it by heart by time he can talk because that seems to be one of the only songs that pops in my head everytime I am singing to Isaac so he hears mommy singing it all the time!

I have cried many a times while holding and singing that song to Isaac.  One of my favorite parts of the song comes at the bridge....

"and if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us and if our God is with us than what could stand against?"

WOOHOO! I just feel like shouting it from a mountain top!  I love worshipping my God and with being a new mommy, to be honest its been hard for me to find time or energy to sit down and read God's word as much as I want to so as I sing to Isaac I get a chance to sing to my Savior and worship Him!  

Speaking of God's word...all you parents out there...when you first became parents, did you have troubles at least in the beginning when your baby needed you all the time, to find time to read/study/spend with God?  I have heard/read somewhere that becoming a new parent can also mark the beginning of a dry spell with your relationship with God because your so busy/consumed with this new child that you let your relationship with God go to the side for awhile.  To be honest, that scares me...already I see that I have not read/spent time with Him as much in the past three weeks due to constantly taking care of Isaac or being so tired...but I miss it, miss that time with Him and long to get it back!  I just need to pray about it and if I have to just get up super early or figure out something to where I can get into His word and spend time with Him more, than that is what I have to do!  Thanks for listening and letting me share a little honesty from my heart! 

So here is the song that beens on my heart and that I've been singing from my heart and lips lately...



Our God is greater....our God is stronger...God You are higher than any other...our God is healer...awesome in power...our God!!!!

Look at those two handsome boys!  I love this picture!  It's my nephew James holding my son Isaac!  Check out Isaac's smile on his face while his cousin is holding him!  Precious!

8 comments:

  1. Love that song as well!! Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The early stages of motherhood can be a sacred time. Don't let Satan flood you with guilt -- guilt seems to be Satan's greatest weapon against mothers. Be ready to fight guilt and stand in God's favor.

    Your God-appointed task right now is Isaac. I would not miss more sleep for the sake of quiet times... God designed us to need some sleep. Your time may be better spent downloading some sermons, books on cd, etc. They sell audio Bibles, also. Your arms are full, and it's hard to fit a Bible between a baby and a bottle... but you can immerse yourself in God's Word through audio, through prayer, and through worship music. You have many sweet tasks every day that you must devote yourself to in keeping a baby, husband, and home. It will get easier later. For now, LISTEN to God's word as you do all else that demands your attention. Keep praying for God to fill you. If you thirst for Him, He promises to satisfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SO MUCH Rachel...you have no idea how much your words of wisdom meant to me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song too :-)

    I found that I had to search out small times during the day to spend with God. Folding laundry, feeding the baby, making dinner. There is a period of time where it's hard to sit down and read your bible and pray. But just remember that in a few months he will be more predictable where you can plan out times like that in your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. April,

    Rachel hit the nail on the head! Take it easy and do NOT feel guilty. I was thinking the same thing when our boys where placed with us and a friend gave me great advice. God knows you're busy. He's the one who MADE it so! Quit fretting and remember that every smile you have when you're rocking your son, every tear of happiness, every line of a song you belt out in the car - those are ALL ways you are still praying and praising God. You are an awesome Mommy April! Take a big breath and don't forget to take time for yourself and for you and Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep as a new mom, time definitely became scarcer. I found the best time to talk to God and spend time with God in those first few months was usually in the morning while I was feeding WeeMan. I would listen to our local Christian radio station softly or I would just spend time thanking God for the blessing of my son. The time may not have been long, but I don't think that matters as much as the quality of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song too :-)

    I found that I had to search out small times during the day to spend with God. Folding laundry, feeding the baby, making dinner. There is a period of time where it's hard to sit down and read your bible and pray. But just remember that in a few months he will be more predictable where you can plan out times like that in your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The early stages of motherhood can be a sacred time. Don't let Satan flood you with guilt -- guilt seems to be Satan's greatest weapon against mothers. Be ready to fight guilt and stand in God's favor.

    Your God-appointed task right now is Isaac. I would not miss more sleep for the sake of quiet times... God designed us to need some sleep. Your time may be better spent downloading some sermons, books on cd, etc. They sell audio Bibles, also. Your arms are full, and it's hard to fit a Bible between a baby and a bottle... but you can immerse yourself in God's Word through audio, through prayer, and through worship music. You have many sweet tasks every day that you must devote yourself to in keeping a baby, husband, and home. It will get easier later. For now, LISTEN to God's word as you do all else that demands your attention. Keep praying for God to fill you. If you thirst for Him, He promises to satisfy!

    ReplyDelete