Jim and I have been talking the past week or so about adoption again. Jim surprised me and told me how he is ready to start the adoption process again already. We both are, BUT we do want to wait a little while longer and spend time with Isaac, probably until his first birthday before starting the process again. Also the other thing that is at the back of our head is financing it. We of course know we don't have the money to do it but we remember that when God calls you to something, He equips you and He will provide and He did just that for Isaac's adoption and we truly believe especially after going through Isaac's journey that if and when God has us adopt again, He will provide. EPHESIANS 3:20! So for now it's in our hearts and we are praying about it, for God to help us know exactly when to start it again and how! I start to worry about how we will come up with the $10,000 or so we will need to finish adopting from Uganda (we already have our Ugandan homestudy done so lots of money already paid) but I have to remember that God wouldn't want Jim and I NOT to adopt just because we were afraid of where the money was going to come from. He asks us to trust Him and follow Him and obey Him and that's it!
We have been watching our other adoptive friends whom we meant online that are adopting from Uganda, going over and going to court now and things seem to be looking much better in Uganda, which is great to hear! Uganda is still STRONGLY in my heart and what is even cooler is God has laid it even stronger on Jim's heart now too! I love to see how God works in our hearts and lives.
People might ask why we wouldn't adopt domestically again and why adopt international since that is how we got Isaac and I would have many things to say to that...
- Just b/c we got Isaac domestically doesn't mean that is the way God will always lead us to our children.
- We already have our homestudy done for Uganda, which will save us lots.
- It would cost us $27-$30,000 again to adopt domestically and we only need around $10,000 more to adopt from Uganda if we adopt before our home study is expired.
- Orphans are ALL around the world, God loves them all and has plans for ALL of them and so if He is putting Uganda on our hearts and if He leads us to adopt our second child from Uganda, how could we say no God and only adopt domestically and miss out on the child that God has prepared for us in another country.
- Why not...
Adopting Isaac has made us realize that no matter what way God brings children into your life, they are yours, you fall in love with them with such a deep love that you never knew existed and it makes you love your Heavenly Father even more for blessing you with such precious blessings, His children. He watched Isaac being formed in the womb and He chose us to be His parents...to think that the God of the universe chose us to be Isaac's mommy & daddy fills my heart with so much love and gratitude for my awesome God. Through adopting Isaac, I realize that I feel like I love Isaac even more than if he came from my womb or maybe just in a special way because of the beautiful way God brought him to us. Adopting Isaac helped us see the way God loves and cares for and has plans for the orphans and helped us realize our relationship as orphans before God rescued us and we became His children. Our eyes have been so opened through the beautiful journey of adoption, one I will NEVER regret and one I would be so sad if I had never walked through. I TRULY rejoice in the 5 years of suffering and losses we had in order to have my heart changed for adoption and to adopt Isaac...COMPLETELY WORTH IT! Why wouldn't we want to do this again? To love again, give another orphan a home again, take up the call of James 1:27 again, go out on a limb trusting God and watching Him work again...the list could go on!
So please be praying for us in the coming year that God would give us wisdom and guide us to the children He has for us wherever they may be. That He would continue to open our eyes to the things that He wants us to see and that He would continue to break our hearts for what breaks His and get us out of our comfortable little american life and live the life He is calling us too...to care for orphans, to rescue them, to be His hands and feet. We are an instrument of the living God...may our melody be a sweet, sweet sound to Him!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment