Photobucket

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Catching up on things in our life...

I haven't been on in awhile because we've been busy and then I got sick! :0(  I am starting to feel better! Thankfully I knew it was coming on because of my throat so that night I started gargling warm salt water and the next day Grandma Michele took Isaac for me so I could rest and then yesterday my mom took Isaac so I could rest more and so I definitely think that helped so THANK YOU GRANDMAS!

Isaac is growing, growing, growing! I don't even think he's too far behind or any at all from other babies his age now. Jim and I were just talking this morning how last night during his feedings he downed completely 16 oz throughout the night and morning! Along with growing, he is using his voice so much more now. He laughs and smiles at us all the time now, which he has for awhile but its becoming more and more frequent and now he also just uses his voice to make these adorable loud sounds with his voice, like he is figuring out what he can do and so its so cute to watch him make all these sounds!

Every book I have read and everyone tells you that around three months their intestinal systems should be developed so the gas problems should start going away and well his is the opposite, his have gotten worse especially this past week. I would say around 1/3 to somedays even half of his bottles for the day, he gets in pain and cries and has trouble even eating. The other half-2/3 of his bottles he is fine. So are not for sure what to do and his formula is SOOO expensive and we are on the last can and so before we go on ebay or craigslist and buy more in bulk we want to make for sure he should still be on this stuff so after talking on the phone to the nurse practitioner the other day, she thinks they need to see him so we are going today. He also only poops every 4 days so I am going to tell her about that. I know i've heard preemies always have more trouble with belly/intestine troubles because of them being more underdeveloped so maybe poor isaac will have another month or so of this. We just feel so bad for him!

SUPER EXCITED...Tuesday is the big professional adoption photo shoot down in Cincinnati!  We are so happy that we found the organization of photographers that do this on the side for free for adoptive families and we found a great one! I plan on spending Monday night at my moms and then mom and I heading down Tuesday morning so that its only an 1 1/2 drive at one time for Isaac! The photographer told us she wanted to take pictures with us in them too, which really bums me because Jim already took all his work time off when we brought Isaac home and so we both talked about it but knew the best thing was for him to go to work so unfortunately i'll get to be in these awesome pictures with Isaac but daddy won't! :0(  We are still so thankful for all this photographer is doing. The place she has us going to is this... Heritage Village and she told me to bring lots of changes of clothes for Isaac so I need to go shopping and get a couple nice outfits for him before Tuesday!


29 days until my handsome, amazing husband turns 26 years old. We are going away that weekend to our favorite B&B Burlington Willis Graves B&Bwhere we have stayed twice before. We love the cabin we stay in, we love the owners and we LOVE her breakfasts although this time I won't be able to get her creme brulee stuffed french toast since I am eating healthier now... :0(

Well, I think that is all the updates for now! I have two sets of friends right now on the adoption journey and I am praying for you both and so excited to see how God works in your journey and praying for your little one who God has prepared for you! 

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Our Isaac (10 weeks old=) used to be in so much pain after eating. He'd be STARVING... so excited to eat... and then once he started, his face would screw up, he'd push the nipple away and HOWL! It broke my heart.

    Doctor diagnosed him with reflux and we tried Zantac... didn't work. Then she prescribed Prilosec and it's been amazing! He still has some fussy feedings, but he's not in the pain he was before.

    Hope your doctor can help you figure out your Isaac's tummy problems! Poor little dude. (By the way... HE'S ADORABLE!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling 100% better very soon!

    AND I can't WAIT to see the pictures!! :O) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Isaac (10 weeks old=) used to be in so much pain after eating. He'd be STARVING... so excited to eat... and then once he started, his face would screw up, he'd push the nipple away and HOWL! It broke my heart.

    Doctor diagnosed him with reflux and we tried Zantac... didn't work. Then she prescribed Prilosec and it's been amazing! He still has some fussy feedings, but he's not in the pain he was before.

    Hope your doctor can help you figure out your Isaac's tummy problems! Poor little dude. (By the way... HE'S ADORABLE!!!)

    ReplyDelete