Friday, September 10, 2010
Biggest Loser Challenge...
Last night I started a new journey, this one includes getting rid of bad habits, forming new and good ones, seeking the Lord to help me eat the way He would want me to, get healthy, get more energy so that I can be there more for my husband and son!
My mom, sister and I joined Ashland, Ohio's Weight Loss Challenge, which is at the Kroc Center in Ashland. Two ladies started it hoping for 25 people to sign up and they had over 200 people sign up! They are kind of doing it similar to Biggest Loser competition and first place at the end of the three months gets a cash prize of $600!!!
I am hoping this will be the kick in the butt I need to get me back going! Last year I set my heart to it and lost 52 pounds and even though I was still overweight I felt so much better but then I slid back into my old ways and yesterday found out I gained all but 11 pounds of that 52 back. Thankfully I didn't gain it all and more back but to know I only kept 11 off was hard to hear.
I also am a BIG competitor and when I hear the word competition, I get reved up and especially hearing the prize is $600 really motivates me because I cannot remember the last time I bought me some clothes and so if I win I will most likely use it to get me a new wardrobe. I don't go out like most people I know and get clothes every so often. I seriously need clothes, its not just a want, its a BIG need and this way Jim and I would not have to spend our own money on them and it would be a big reward for me!
However, I am going up against over 200 people some including some hefty big men and we all know guys lose faster and easier. Thankfully they are going by percentages too! So I am going to work hard and every time I am tempted I am going to think about that $600 dollars!
I will be journaling my three months and keeping you updated on here every so often for accountability for me and for you to pray for me and my mom and sister. They don't need to lose as much but my mom has diabetes and we all worry about her health so this is a great way for her to get her diabetes under control!
I am excited and I know it will be hard because I have done it before but I am up for the challenge and my prayer is this three month challenge will just be the beginning and that I will keep going and get the full 100 pounds off that I want to lose!
I walked 2 miles today already and feel great!
Another motivator...every pound we gain we pay a dollar! Weigh-in is each week and every other week they'll have a speaker or dietitian or exercise person to educate us!
Love,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'll be praying for you!!!!! $600 is a great prize! You can do it - you can beat those dumb boys!!! :P
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! We've been doing the same for quite some time now and I've lost 21 lbs. It's an awesome feeling! I hope you win that prize!
ReplyDeleteOooooo, awesome!!! Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! We've been doing the same for quite some time now and I've lost 21 lbs. It's an awesome feeling! I hope you win that prize!
ReplyDeleteOooooo, awesome!!! Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete