Jim and I have sold quite a few things on Craigslist and have found good deals on it too! I am VERY excited for our two most recent finds! Isaac is a baby that LOVES to move and already loves to move his leg in a walking motion and climbs up our stomachs and stands all the time. So we wanted to get him a jumperoo, which is an activity center/stationary entertainer/jumper all combined into one and so I researched them and found one that got the most and best reviews and it was the Fisher Price Precious Planet Jumperoo, so I put an ad on craigslist and guess what we found one! We found someone not too far from us that only used it for a few months, its in great condition and everything works and we are getting it for a third of the price! We could not have afforded the new price of $89.99 but we are getting it for $30, how awesome is that!
The other great deal we found was Isaac's formula! We have like 1-2 cans left I believe after the one we are in now so we knew we needed to start looking for deals because we cannot afford the original price of $26-$27 a can! We found a great deal from someone on Craigslist with 11 cans for $80, which comes to about $7.20 per can, which is AWESOME! We are so thankful for this because it saves us so much money and these 11 cans will hopefully last us at least a couple months! This saves us around $200-$220!
Guess what...today Isaac is THREE MONTHS OLD! WOW! Grandma will be coming over tomorrow to take pictures of Isaac at three months, which I will post afterwards!
We are starting a new thing this week and that is putting Isaac down for his naps and to bed at night AWAKE! That way he can learn to put himself to sleep! We have read and learned from so many people and friends that this is the way to do it if you want your baby when he/she is older to be able to go to sleep easily without your help! So far so good, we have had two naps today and I put him down awake but right after the first yawn and eye rub and he fell asleep. What we do is if he starts crying, after a few minutes I'll go and not talk to him but just shush him and make sure he looks comfy and in a nice sleeping position and put the pacifier back in his mouth or prop him on his side a little and then walk back out. The first nap this morning took two cries and me going in once before he fell asleep but then he slept two hours and 15 minutes after that which is AMAZING for him and his second nap he fell asleep after only softly crying a few minutes and he has been asleep for an hour and half so far! YAY! So we will see how the rest of this week goes!
Love,
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ooh, I have some friends who really get into Craig's List. I think if you devote the time to checking it often, it's probably full of bargains!
ReplyDeleteYes, ma'am, put the baby down AWAKE. It's the way to go. My kids sleep fabulously and I've always done that.
Those are great finds! That's a great tip about naps/bedtimes. I hope it continues to go well!
ReplyDelete