Today was a fun-filled day filled with lots of new people and lots of family!
We went to our adoption agencies annual reunion picnic that they have, today! It was a lot of fun and we look forward to going back each year now! They have really fun activities for children as they get older and really awesome face painting too! We met some other adoptive families, which was so nice and got to catch up with some that were in our original informational meeting we went to. They had LOTS of yummy food and I did good and ate my hamburger without a bun and ate lots of veggies/salads type of stuff and had only one bite of Jim's cotton candy and funnel cake. That way I got the taste but only a few calories instead of hundreds! I was happy with how I ate! We got to see our social worker again and see the social worker that was at the hospital with us and who saw Isaac as a newborn. She held him and was amazed at how much he has grown! So many people were telling us how adorable Isaac was, which was of course agreed! Lisa, the social worker who was at the hospital with us also told us that she spoke with Isaac's birthmother a few weeks ago and that she is doing really good and still happy with her decision knowing it is best and that she loves reading and looking at our pictures and letters! That made us so happy to hear because even though she couldn't do anything about it anyways if she regretted the decision, it just felt good for us to hear that she wasn't in turmoil or having a really hard time!
I forgot our camera so I was so bummed that we didn't get to take any pictures at the picnic BUT we went to my parents house afterwards so they could see Isaac and some friends of the family came over too so they could see Isaac for the first time and mom took some pictures with her camera, so here they are...
Mamaw & Papaw were so excited to see him and take Isaac out back to their swing set and have him sit on the slide! Of course he's too little to slide yet but he still looked so cute sitting up there!
Love,
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



look at all his hair!!! He is so cute! That's got to be such a relief to hear that his birth mother isn't torn up about her choice. I know that touched your heart and I am praising God with you for that simple blessing! :)
ReplyDelete