Photobucket

Monday, September 6, 2010

My heart is so full...


Every time I look at our son I am reminded of God’s love, I am reminded of God’s sovereign hand in our life and God’s plan that He has for us.   When I look at Isaac I cannot help but cry tears of happiness as my heart fills up with so much joy that it can barely contain it all. So many times we get asked how our adoption went so fast or so good and we quickly let them know it’s because of God and we truly believe He was the One who orchestrated it all out so beautifully. I don’t think it could have gone any better!
I was asked the other night if Isaac feels just like if I gave birth to him. My response after thinking about it once we got home, is that well, I truly don’t know how it feels to give birth to a child and at this point in my life I am truly content with never knowing unless the Lord would want us to experience that, however, the way I feel about Isaac feels so much more….(break, sorry had to go spend some time talking and laughing with my baby as he just woke up, ok I’m back now)… than anything I could have ever imagined. I love that I have a son but I also love how I got my son. I love that God knew the plans He had for Isaac before He laid the foundations of the earth and those plans were to put Isaac in another women’s womb to be born so that Isaac could be given to us. It makes me cry when I think that my God, my AWESOME God knew as I was being formed in my mother’s womb that we would one day adopt Isaac and He orchestrated and laid out all the events in my life leading up to us bringing Isaac home! I love that even though Isaac was suppose to be aborted, God had other plans for him and saved him and gave him to us. I love adoption. I wish I could truly show and let everyone know just how amazing it is and to tell everyone to adopt too.  Just think if we all adopted a child, there would be no more orphans left in the world! Most of all I love that I am adopted by God and am a co-heir with Christ and a child of God!
Today I was sorting through Isaac’s clothes and changing out sizes as he is growing! I started crying and here I am again tearing up, as I realized it was time to pack away the preemie clothes and I will never see Isaac in them again. Time truly goes by so fast. There’s a song I’ve been listening to this weekend as they play it a lot on the radio and here are some lyrics that stood out to me from it…”I don’t want to miss even just a second more of this…”…”Slow down, slow down before our day becomes our yesterday…”
When that bridge of the song came on about slowing down before our day becomes our yesterday. Isaac’s life flashed in my head from him walking, running, in school, in high school and getting married and I just realized it will truly go by so fast and I started crying as I realized I DON’T WANT TO MISS EVEN A SECOND OF THIS!
Isaac has been laughing little laughs so much, smiling way more than I ever thought babies smiled at this age and is such an extremely happy baby! We are SOOOOO truly blessed! 
When I look at Isaac, I see my son, I see a little boy who is loved so much by his mommy and daddy but even more by his God! To God be all the glory!  HE IS THE GOD OF OUR STORY AND WE WANT TO USE EVERY LINE FOR HIS GLORY!

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog and enjoyed reading it. God is good.What a beautiful story. We adopted our son almost a year ago. He came home when he was 1 month old, and now he is 1 year. God bless you and your beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...that last picture is beyond adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a parent to both biological and adoptive children I've lately been maveling at the bond I have with all my children. I LOVE that on a emotional level there is no difference between how a mother feels for her bio children and her adopted children. The ache is the same, the need to protect, cherish and love is the same... and eventually when they've ruined your couch with a permanant marker it's the same motherly anger that boils up.
    The differences that do exist should only be celebrated. My daughter opens door for a broader cultural connection. We make friends with people we likely wouldn't have otherwise (wink wink).
    I love your heart April, what a testament to God's love.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a parent to both biological and adoptive children I've lately been maveling at the bond I have with all my children. I LOVE that on a emotional level there is no difference between how a mother feels for her bio children and her adopted children. The ache is the same, the need to protect, cherish and love is the same... and eventually when they've ruined your couch with a permanant marker it's the same motherly anger that boils up.
    The differences that do exist should only be celebrated. My daughter opens door for a broader cultural connection. We make friends with people we likely wouldn't have otherwise (wink wink).
    I love your heart April, what a testament to God's love.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete