I had such a fun day yesterday. I spent the whole day with my mom and sister and of course my adorable little Isaac! Last night was our first weigh-in to see how our first week went on the weight loss challenge we are doing together at the Kroc Center in Ashland. All three of us lost weight and I was so proud of my mom and sister! My mom lost 1.6, my sister lost 3.6 and I lost 7.2 pounds! How awesome is that! We of course were VERY happy! My mom and sister don't have as much to lose as me so they lost a great amount for how much total they have to lose and my mom has diabetes so it's even harder for her to lose weight so I am especially proud of her!
They had four different exercise facilities come in and talk to us about exercise, motivate and encourage us and tell us about their facilities incase anyone wanted to join and they gave away free memberships and such. My sister won a free one month membership to Curves! I have a funny story about that but its one for in-person so if you ever want to hear, just ask me! ;0) I'm sure mom and monica are laughing as they read this right now!
I am so happy because I didn't feel deprived this week! I even had funnel cake and cotton candy, BUT the main difference was I had ONE BITE of cotton candy and ONE BITE of funnel cake instead of the WHOLE thing! I also just chose to eat REAL food and not processed food. Jim and I are really starting to love real whole wheat bread and we found these whole wheat sandwich thins that we LOVE. We also found we love turkey burgers too! I'm so thankful I have a husband that doesn't complain and always eats whatever I make and doesn't mind eating healthy when I have to! He actually wrote me last night when I was at the meeting and said how much he loved the new bread and burgers even though they were healthy! :0) Another big problem of mine is I eat late at night, like a snack but usually unhealthy or big snack so this week I tried to either not eat late at night and just drink water or I would eat sugar free jello! I also had our adoption picnic and a church lunch this past week with my 7.2 pound loss, I just knew what to stay away from in the food line and what I could have so I was so happy because we have family and church food get-togethers all the time so that is one thing I need to figure out!
I am just looking forward to getting my weight off so I can run around and keep up with Isaac and have lots of energy to play with him and be the best momma I can be for him, to be the mommy God has called me to be for him!
Speaking of Isaac, Papaw (my dad) watched him for 2 1/2 hours last night while us girls went to the weigh-in! Nick took the kids (my sisters husband and kids) to a birthday party so Dad was alone with Isaac and I am so proud of my dad. It was his first time by himself taking care of him and he did a great job! I love you dad!
Well, MONDAY our little guy is THREE MONTHS OLD already so i'll be posting some three month old pictures soon!
Love,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW APRIL! Way to go!!! I am super proud of you!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!!!!!! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Isaac is three months already. Where did that go?!
That is awesome!!!!!! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Isaac is three months already. Where did that go?!