Photobucket

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Christmas...

Christmas is just 78 days away and already I am getting excited about celebrating our first Christmas as a family! Last year we didn't decorate at all and so I told Jim last year that if we had a baby by this year we were going to definitely decorate and make it look awesome for our little one! Now of course we cannot do everything I would love to do because it would cost way too much but I am going to try and have a great tree up for our little guy to stare at and get him his first stocking and ornament!  Growing up mom & dad always got us a new ornament each year and would put our name and the year on the bottom of it and I still have most of them today and I LOVE looking at them each Christmas so I want to do the same thing for Isaac! Not for sure which ornament we will get him but I'm guessing we'll get him some kind of "baby's first christmas" ornament like below....
and then I found a VERY adorable stocking that I would love to get for Isaac at Pottery Barn Kids and personalize it with his name...



What traditions and things do you do each year with your family and/or children? I would love to hear from you and possibly even get new ideas for us to start as a family!

Love,

9 comments:

  1. This will be our first Christmas with our LO as well. I'm so happy to find your blog! We are a transracial adoptive family as well. Isaac is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Christmas we get our kids a Christmas themed book, and we keep them in a basket near the Christmas tree. The books get stored with the Christmas decorations and they are only available to the kids during the holidays, so they seem to be more special to the kids. Also, on Christmas Eve Hayden reads scriptures of Christs birth and Hannah reads 'The Night Before Christmas' to the whole family while sitting around the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. I remember our first Christmas as parents and how very special it was. Christmas is so much more fun when you have little ones to share it with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! I am going to quilt Tucker his own stocking. I've made stockings for everyone in our family and I love them. We decorate BIG every year because we just love it so much! :) Hoping this is our last Christmas without Tucker!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!!! Just saw your comment - that's WONDERFUL with me! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought an advent calender. In there there are 25 little books telling bible stories from the creation until Jesus was born. We read each book every day starting Dec 1 as a family. This year, since I have a 5 year old, We'll start our Jesse tree tradition. It involves crafts making this Jesse tree but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

    We don't decorate until 1 week before Christmas, leave them on until we celebrate the feast of Epiphany (sometime in January) and sing carols until that feast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I found your blog through FB! And realized I have watched your gotcha day video a couple of months ago! Small world! One tradition we do is that Santa brings each child three gifts because baby Jesus recieved three gifts from the wisemen at his birth. It really helps us not to go "overboard" on gifts, we have three sons! I got this idea from another Mommy and it has worked out well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I found your blog through FB! And realized I have watched your gotcha day video a couple of months ago! Small world! One tradition we do is that Santa brings each child three gifts because baby Jesus recieved three gifts from the wisemen at his birth. It really helps us not to go "overboard" on gifts, we have three sons! I got this idea from another Mommy and it has worked out well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be our first Christmas with our LO as well. I'm so happy to find your blog! We are a transracial adoptive family as well. Isaac is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete