Photobucket

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A little heart sharing & DON'T FORGET TO ENTER GIVE-AWAY!

I've been thinking a lot about my work situation lately and it's been kind of slowly getting me more and more bummed because when I first took the job they said I would have enough reports to get the paycheck that would be around the same or sometimes even more than what I made at my old job. Well it turns out that who knows, maybe due to the economy or who knows what, that I am making ONE THIRD of what I use to make with my previous job. My previous job was taken over by another company and I cannot take it back, plus I wouldn't want it back because I would have to have a babysitter everyday for Isaac and I want to be the one raising him, not someone else.

I am SO incredibly thankful for this job and if it wasn't for the fact that we just need a little more, I wouldn't even care that I some days only type 7-10 reports (fyi: i only make $1 per report). I really thank God for this job because I get to be a stay-at-home mom and I get to be there with Isaac and I could not ask for more. I just keep almost feeling like I wish there was something else I could do to help out with stuff because I make so much less than I use to. I even thought the past few days about getting another job but its obvious that would just not work out because my heart is to be at home with Isaac and if I got another job I would have to have full-time babysitting for him and I've waited so long to be a mommy and I want to be the one taking care of him!

So I'm writing this because I know I have prayer warriors and dear friends & family that read this and I am asking for your prayers.  Prayer for wisdom for Jim and I and just maybe peace of mind for me. Jim and I have seriously looked at everything and we don't see anything we could cut back on. The good thing is we have no credit cards, which we are very thankful for. Our furnace is just big and old so we have the most expensive electric bill out of anyone we know but there is nothing we can do about it. We also just tried to see if Isaac could switch to regular formula since he started on Zantac and we were hoping he could do regular formula now with zantac but his body cannot handle it yet, so we have to continue to buy Similac Alimentum A.K.A. Liquid Gold as a few people have told me. So now I think we just need to pray and figure out how to handle what we have with what we got and try to make it better since we cannot cut out anything. Thanks for whoever reads this and prays for us. You have no idea how much that means. One thing Isaac's adoption journey taught me was the power behind prayer...we saw that over and over again in his adoption journey. Just knowing people are praying for you is a comfort!

I don't want to take this job for granted because so many out there can't even find a job and I have the blessing of being at home with Isaac. It's just that I feel bad that I make so much less than what I did before and that we are noticing it more and I just am praying for God to give us wisdom and show us the way to go about our lives in every area including finances! I want to please Him with everything I do and I know finances are part of that!


Sharing my heart,

3 comments:

  1. well ... one thing to look forward to is the adoption tax credit that you will get in Jan. I know that is a few months away ... but it will prob. help out a lot ... hopefully! I'll be praying Ohio buddy :0) I def. know how hard it is to make money stretch sometimes ... but God ALWAYS provides a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. Praying that God continues to guide you and fills your hearts with strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all. Praying that God continues to guide you and fills your hearts with strength.

    ReplyDelete