Photobucket

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Isaac's first time seeing a pumpkin...

Today we went to my sister's house and she let me use her canning equipment and I made 12 quarts of applesauce and I really enjoyed making it! I look forward to canning even more next year! We had a blast with Isaac today and we sat him down on my sister's front porch chair decorated in fall decor and he saw his first pumpkin. He sat there so good and then he found the pumpkin and would not take his eyes off of it and kept touching it. It was SOOOO adorable!

Photobucket

Here are some pictures I took during the canning process...if you want more detailed instructions just message or email me! :0)

This is my sister's and we used it to grind the apples through, it was quite fun!
 Here are all the yummy apples in the big pot!
 I looked awful because I didn't do my hair or make-up but I wanted a picture of me canning for scrapbooking so here I am dropping the apples in the boiling water and yes that is spit-up all over my shirt! :0)
 Here are what the apples look like after they have boiled and are ready to be put through the machine!
 Here comes the fun part, you put the apples in up top and use that little red thing I'm holding to push them down through while your other hand is turning this handle to make the applesauce come out one end and the core and skin out the other end!
 Here is the finished product!
 Here is my beautiful sister and my handsome little boy! Today was her birthday and it was great to spend the day with her! I am VERY blessed to have the family that I have!

Love,

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! He is getting so big! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete