Photobucket

Thursday, February 25, 2010

We raised $1,310 with our first adoption fundraiser!

Jim and I are very happy that our first fundraiser went so well!  We sold candles through Gold canyon candles!  Not only are they awesome candles but its a great profit compared to other fundraisers I have heard similar to this.  We earned around 40% off each candle!

Anyways....we sold 164 candles (WOW) and had $3,388 in total sales!  Since we reached over the $3,000 mark we got free shipping which give us back even more money that would have originally went towards shipping!  How awesome is that!

We SERIOUSLY COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS without help and so I want to take time to make some shout outs to the ones who did!

My mom (Patty Rose), my sister (Monica Stuart), my aunt Nina, my aunt Alison, Russell Potter, Shaun Potter, Cari & Diane Wooley, Cathy Mcginnis, Jenny Kuhns, Sarah Thompson (winner of the cake for selling the most candles), Sarah Wilson, Ray Myers, Heather Frazier, Hannah Harris, Angela Jameson, Robin Eldridge and Savannah Burns!

Without the 17-18 of you who helped there is NO WAY we could have done this!  It was so wonderful to have that many candle brochures out in different places!  You all mean SO MUCH to Jim and I for what you have done and just for being willing and having the heart to help!  That's what matters most to us, not how many candles you sold!

Now we are one BIG step closer to bringing Isabella home!  We will have more fundraisers coming up including t-shirts, a big yard sale that we'll need items donated to that you don't need or want anymore or even items you might want to make like craft/bake items to sell at the yard sale.  That will be once it warms up in the spring time! 

Drum roll please.......

After this fundraiser we now have $4,600 (approximately) total raised up for our adoption, which is around 25% of our total goal we need raised up to meet the $18-$20,000 we need!  That means we are a quarter of the way there! That is in just two months!  That includes this fundraiser, my cakes, money Jim and I have contributed and all the donations we have received!  How awesome is that!  We have been praying God would provide and He is!  He is SO good and takes care of us SO much and OH HOW HE LOVES US!  (reminds me of the song by David crowder band)

Love to all,

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is INCREDIBLE!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful turn-out.

    I love that song by David Crowder Band. We sang it Tuesday and then again today in chapel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wish we lived closer and I could send you some yard sale stuff! we are in the process of moving and there are so many neat things we have but won't need in uganda : )

    praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God one step closer to bring our little Isabella home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo Happy for both of you cant wait till you have your next fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is incredible!! I hope that it continues to go just as good with your other fundraisers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo Happy for both of you cant wait till you have your next fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete