Photobucket

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our individual interviews!

Many of you have asked how our interviews went during our last home study visit and what all questions she asked!

First let me say to those of you who are waiting to have your home study/interviews....DONT BE NERVOUS, DONT WORRY!  I have found that the social worker is there to help you accomplish this and at least ours was so nice and down to earth and even cracked many jokes with us!  Just be yourself, be honest and RELAX!

First she interviewed me while Jim went into our sun room!  The first question she asked me was to give her three words that describe me or how I am or am known for!  She did the same with Jim, he said!  She then went on to ask a whole bunch of family questions such as our parents full names/DOB/age/how often we talk to them/how often we see them/our relationship with them etc.  Our siblings and all the same info about them as our parents was asked.  She talked about our miscarriages and how we got through them and I told her how God was the one that not only helped us through it but grew us and through this conversation I could tell that she loves the Lord too!

Hmmm...lets see...other questions that were boring but needed to be asked and therefore I do not remember.  Health and surgery questions.  How our childhood was, memories from our childhood, how we were disciplined as a child etc...

It went really well and fast!  We are VERY thankful for that and for the awesome social worker that we have!  So we are ALL done with people coming to our house for visits and inspections and the only thing left is waiting for our fingerprints to come back and then for us to send in the i-600a form once we find out more about whats happening in Uganda!

Love to all,

6 comments:

  1. Another step complete. I hope you get your clarification with Uganda really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you guys and the situation in Uganda. Thank you for posting how your interview went. As my hubby and I consider adoption - the home study has been one of the things I have worried and wondered about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! That's such an exciting step!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!!!!! Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I am excited to get to know you a bit! One of my best friends is in Gulu Uganda right now working with displaced and traumatized children. I am excited to follow your blog and pray as God brings you to your little Isabella!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! one step closer to having your family under one roof. so happy for you guys.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!!!!! Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I am excited to get to know you a bit! One of my best friends is in Gulu Uganda right now working with displaced and traumatized children. I am excited to follow your blog and pray as God brings you to your little Isabella!!!!!

    ReplyDelete