Photobucket

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Memorizing...

I have decided to take on the challenge with many of my fellow blog friends/families adopting from Uganda to memorize the entire book of Philippians! Yep! The whole book, thankfully its only 4 chapters and 104 verses BUT that's still sounds CRAZY long when you think about memorizing it all. However, the benefits GREATLY out number the difficulty of memorizing it! Such great verses in that book and the more of God's AWESOME word that we can hide in our hearts, the more He can use it to help us, speak to us and use us! Scripture that I already know, God has used many times and brings it back up to me at certain times when I or someone else needs it so I am sure it will be of great benefit to my walk in the Lord to memorize more of His word!

Here are some great verses about God's word...

~For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

~But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 2:14-17)

~For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. (Romans 15:4)

~I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. (Psalms 119:11) 


My goal is to finish memorizing the book in four months which would be around June 8th!  Of course, God's timing of that might be different and it might take me longer but I wanted to set a goal to work towards!  So 104 verses divided by 18 weeks is around 5-6 verses a week that I need to memorize!  I plan on learning the first 2 verses of each week on Mondays, repeat all verses on Tuesdays, learn verse 3 of that week on Wednesdays, repeat all verses on Thursdays, learn verse 4 of that week on Fridays, learn verse 5 and/or 6 on Saturdays and repeat all known verses on Sundays!  Of course that could change and the key is to just stick with it and not give up!

I am kind of nervous as this is a BIG task but I know God is WAY bigger than this task!  I am excited to see what God will show me through this time as I really dig into His word and try to memorize and hide it in my heart!  If you would like to join me on this challenge, that would be awesome!  Just let me know so I can be praying for you!  I learned verses 1 and 2 tonight!

Please be praying for our lawyer!  Our lawyer is meeting with a babies home that is ran by a pastor and his wife in Uganda!  The appointment for our lawyer to meet with them to discuss us adopting a baby from their home is on Wednesday, which would be Tuesday night while we are sleeping or early Wednesday morning for us!  Please continue to pray for Uganda and the consulate and embassy as they work out the issues!  We are praying for a QUICK resolution!  The lawyers feel that there will be a resolution and so we are praying it is quick so the families that are there right now can come home with their children and that those of us waiting to go and keep moving on in the process of adopting our children from there and get back to the process! 

Love to all,

2 comments:

  1. GO APRIL!!! You can do it!!! What an absolutely wonderful goal! AND, what a great gift to give your family especially as you embark on the spiritual, emotional, and physical journey of a lifetime!!

    ... I am totally cheering you on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO APRIL!!! You can do it!!! What an absolutely wonderful goal! AND, what a great gift to give your family especially as you embark on the spiritual, emotional, and physical journey of a lifetime!!

    ... I am totally cheering you on ...

    ReplyDelete