Photobucket

Thursday, February 4, 2010

In the waiting...

Jim and I were talking the other day about waiting and patience and I was teasing him saying that with our four years of trying to conceive and four miscarriages you think I would be good at waiting by now but with this adoption comes another new phase or journey of waiting.  It's hopeful waiting, its excited waiting but its also sometimes nervous waiting and any type of waiting is sometimes hard!  I think its our nature to want something right away but I have learned that through the waiting God shows me and grows me in ways I might not have been able to if it were not for the waiting!  A good friend of mine from church wrote a song that pictures perfectly right now what we are going through.  I posted part of the lyrics below for you to read!


In the waiting I learn to seek Your face
In the waiting I feel Your warm embrace
In the waiting I come to know You more
You become the one my heart beats for 
Only You faithful and true.


This is where you capture me to set my heart completely free 
This is where hope flows anew abiding in Your vine of truth
This is where you make me brave knowing You will come to save
This is where I trust in You knowing that You'll see me through...

If you would like to hear the song go to this link http://www.discovercommunity.org/waiting and you hear it!  It's an awesome song that God has used to really minister to my heart!

I may not prefer "waiting" and it may be hard sometimes because I already love our child even though I don't know what she looks like yet!  I long for the day we get the call that our court date is set, we have all our money raised and we can go get her!  However, in this time of waiting I LOVE to learn how to seek my Savior's face more and more and that through it, He captures me and helps me to grow and be used by Him and to trust Him knowing that He'll see us through just like the song said!

Many things happen "in the waiting" and my prayer is that God will use it to help prepare us to be the parents He would like us to be, that in it I will continue to love Him and serve Him and others, He would grow us closer to Him and that hopefully through this waiting and this adoption many hearts will be touched and grown closer to Him because of Isabella!

Please never stop praying for us as "the waiting" can be hard sometimes but we are looking forward to the day we get to introduce you all to our precious child!

Love to all,

6 comments:

  1. The waiting is the hardest part. Our first adoption, We met her at 3 weeks old. She was not released to come home until she was nearly 18 months old. God uses these times to refine us into who he wants us to be. This time around, we have been waiting nearly a year thus far....again he is refining. Be blessed as you wait. It is Oh, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling in the waiting right now too. Waiting is so hard and I don't think people can fully understand how difficult the waiting during adoption is unless you've walked through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting is so difficult! It's true that God does some amazing things during this time, though. My two favorite books that address this are: Hind's Feet on High Places ... and Pilgrim's Progress. Life is a journey and waiting is a part of the journey. Just because we are waiting, doesn't mean we're idle. There's much progress to make in that time. I'm with you though ... all waiting is HARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember our God is an on time God, waiting and praying for you and Jim and our beautiful little Isabella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember our God is an on time God, waiting and praying for you and Jim and our beautiful little Isabella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm struggling in the waiting right now too. Waiting is so hard and I don't think people can fully understand how difficult the waiting during adoption is unless you've walked through it.

    ReplyDelete