Photobucket

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Final homestudy!

This is our third time of scheduling our FINAL homestudy visit!  Our social worker is expecting and ran into some problems with her pregnancy and needed to rest last week, which we TOTALLY understand and did not mind so we rescheduled for today at 2:30!  Today will be our individual interviews!  I am a little bit nervous but I am thankful our social worker is so down to earth and nice, which makes me feel more at ease when talking!

I am guessing it will take her a few weeks to write it up and then we should be completely done with the homestudy!  I will mail in our last payment to the home study agency this week, which will be nice to complete!

Next stage will be waiting for the referral and praying about the Uganda situation and seeing if it clears up or if it gets worse!  Praying God would help us to know whether to keep in Uganda or if His plans are for us somewhere else!  We decided not to turn in our homestudy/i-600a form to the USCIS until we find out more whats going to happen in Uganda.  Our home study agency said USCIS would change the country on the form ONCE BUT she said it would take 2-3 more months to do so, so she said its better to wait a bit to turn it in!

Nothing much going on!  Our candle sale is done and tomorrow I will be getting all the packets in from our friends and family and totaling up the sales!  Looking forward to seeing how much we raised for our adoption!

In all of this, when we don't know exactly what the next step is or how the country is going to decide on adoptions...I can rest in peace on one thing and that is that God is sovereign, all-knowing, He is on His throne and OH HOW HE LOVES US!  

Love to all,

1 comment: