Photobucket

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quotes/words from first book...



Before I get going on this post I just want to thank Sparrow Farm Creations for sending us this beautiful gift. I went online to their site to order a 5 x 7 of Annabelle's name to frame and found out they send them to families who have lost a baby for free. What a beautiful gift to remember our Annabelle. Thank you Sparrow Farms!

I just finished reading my first book that I ordered to help me through this grieving process. I have to say it has helped me more than I ever thought it would. So many of the same feelings Angie Smith experienced in her book, "I will carry you", I am or just have recently experienced or gone through. I marked many things that really stood out to me, whether they were quotes, something she said or a poem and I wanted to share a few with you. Maybe your going through something in your life that this will help you with or maybe it will even just help you understand a little more of what we are going through. 



Sorrow is one of the things that are lent, not given.
A thing that is lent may be taken away;
a thing that is given is not taken away.
Joy is given;
sorrow is lent.
We are not our own,
we are bought with a price...
(Our sorrow) is lent us for just a little while
that we may use it for eternal purposes.
Then it will be taken away
and everlasting joy will be
our Father's gift to us,
and the Lord God will wipe away
all the tears from off all faces. 
~Amy Carmichael


QUOTE: "Our faith gives us the sure hope of seeing (her) again, but the hope does not take away the pain." ~ Gregory Floyd

"To hurt so deeply is a sign that we live in a fallen world, not that we serve a small God." ~ Angie Smith

"And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears." ~ Kahlil Gibran

This is not from the book but from an organization for infant loss Share and I love it...

There is a sacredness in tears
They are not the mark of weakness, but of power
They speak more eloquently than 10,000 tongues.
They are the messengers of overwhelming grief
Of deep contrition and unspeakable love.
~Washington Irving


Next on my reading list is "A grief observed" by C. S. Lewis along with two more... "Safe in the arms of God" by John Macarthur and "Grieving the child I never knew" by Kathe Wunnenberg. If you have gone through infant loss or stillbirth and had any books that really helped you, please feel free to share. Thanks so much for going on this journey with us and praying for us.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for ya'll. Annabelle's story has reached and touched so many people.
    Loved Isaac's first birthday and trip to the zoo pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is beautiful & I love her precious name! I'm thinking and praying for you, if you ever need someone to talk to know that I'm always here. It's truly one of the hardest things to ever have to endure, just take things day by day and know that you have so much support and love.

    ‎"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."-Matthew 5:4

    ReplyDelete