There may come a time when I can write a little more but if you don't hear too much about how I am dealing with this for awhile I hope you can understand. It's just too hard and too raw of feelings right now to share with everyone. Although within the next few weeks, you will probably only see posts on her as I will share more about the service, more pictures of her, the service and the professional ones our friend took but it wont be too much on my thoughts, it will be more just about her and celebrating her life and all the little gifts God gave along the way! I just wanted to kind of share this with you all. Also here in two weeks will be Isaac's first birthday so I will be excited to share pictures of his birthday and his party on the 1st of July with you then!
I want to leave you with a quote I found tonight that made me cry and realize that God truly can make Annabelle's short life matter for His kingdom and that it doesn't matter how small she was or how long she lived but that God decided to use HER and her short life for His kingdom...brings tears to this mommy's eyes...
"The amount of time on earth matters very little: a man can live in greed and pride 90 years and never find God, know Him or accomplish His Plan. A stillborn baby on the other hand, teaches people to love, brings people to the Lord, teaches us the tenuous nature of life and teaches us a faith that those who have not suffered loss can never know. A child not even breathing for an hour, can have an impact greater than a famous preacher. The purpose of a life is not ours to decide nor in our hands: it is brought about by God" ~ Author unknown
April I am so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you that I've been reading your blog since before you got Isaac, back when you were planning on adopting from Uganda. When all the upset happened and you switched to domestic adoption I remember thinking "Wow, Uganda is a mess. We'll never adopt from there!" On Christmas day we saw the very first pictures of our sons...who are waiting for us in Uganda. Your passion and love and information, even though you didn't adopt from Uganda, helped change our adoption journey. God has already used your story, of a journey you didn't even take, to change lives. I know He will use this for His good too.
I know it's of little comfort when your baby isn't in your arms. Praying for you, Jim and your families.
April I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little girl. Please know you are being held up in prayer.
ReplyDeleteWe also lost our sweet baby to early.
Take one minute at a time and know that there are people who pray for you and Jim and your family as you transition into a new normal.
April, I am praying for you. I can't imagine your loss. Know that your precious Annabelle is known, she matters, she counts. praying.
ReplyDeletethat quote is amazing! I completely understand. I am looking forward to reading more about her life and seeing more pictures of her beautiful perfect self. I am praying for you always...
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine, but I am in awe of the words you've put here and in your previous post. So sorry.
ReplyDeleteApril, I am praying for you. I can't imagine your loss. Know that your precious Annabelle is known, she matters, she counts. praying.
ReplyDelete