Photobucket

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week one weight loss results...

Well, it's officially been one WHOLE week that Jim and I have been on the Grace and Strength diet and we are so thankful to God that we are doing this. Yes it's hard in some ways because we were totally not eating the right portions before we started this and so we are learning portion control during this and we both realized that not eating all the preservative, boxed, junk food, fast food stuff, that we feel much better for the most part. We can tell that by eating the food God gave us REALLY does make the body work so much better than stuff we humans have made up. We are so blessed to have our coaches too, in just one week, already they have been such a help and blessing. Well, we are so excited to say that in just one week Jim lost 17.8 lbs and I lost 15 lbs. How crazy is that! I have never lost that much weight in one week so that makes me SUPER pumped! I'll keep ya'll updated from time to time, probably around the end of each month or so to let you know how we are doing and how the weight loss is coming off. I had a moment this week where I started thinking about and missing Annabelle and instantly I wanted to start eating comfort food but thankfully I realized the temptation was from my habit of comfort eating and so I recognized it and reminded myself that I cannot find comfort in food, only in Christ.

So please keep praying for us as this will be a journey for Jim and I as we both have quite a bit more weight to get off!


"God is preparing for us, but WE need to get prepared so our preparedness can meet God’s. To live, well and with EXCELLENCE!" ~ Beth Moore


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing, April! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Way to ROCK your first week! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is amazing!! congratulations! keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is wonderful! Way to go for sticking with it! That has to feel good to get those kinds of results!!

    RYC: Thank you! I can't take credit for it, thought, because Jessica over at Infusion Design Studio created it for me. :) Oh, and I don't think I ever got to tell you, but right after Annabelle was born, when a bunch of our mutual Xanga friends had candle pictures as their profile picture, I had one up, too, in honor of her. I couldn't tag you since we aren't FB friends, but I wanted you to know that you were in my prayers and in the prayers of my friends. One friend even asked for prayers on her FB page. :) You are all loved and prayed over!

    ReplyDelete