As I watched the following two video's I'm going to post, I teared up. I tear up now as I typing this because this truly means so much to me! What Martin Luther King stood for, fought for hits home for me now that we have our precious Isaac! I've always agreed and loved what MLK stood for but now that I have a son who is the same beautiful chocolate brown color as him, it takes on a whole new meaning for me!
I thank God for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and all the other amazing men and women of our nation who fought so hard, long ago, for these rights, these freedoms! If it were not for them, who knows where our nation would be today. YES, we still have a long ways to go, but look where we have come from since MLK's day! I am so thankful God used him in mighty ways because if we didn't have him and others who fought so hard, our nation might have not been to a point yet where Jim and I could have adopted an african-american child. I simply cannot imagine my life without Isaac! Color is simply color, we all have different shades and God made us all different and unique depending on where we live in this world! I have cream colored, kind of peach/pinkish shade along with my husband while our son has beautiful caramel colored face with chocolate brown body and we hope to adopt our next child from a country where their skin color will be a beautiful dark chocolate brown.
Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. for all you did! I am forever grateful.
"I have a dream..." speech
His last speech...
No comments:
Post a Comment