Photobucket

Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's OFFICIAL...he is our son!

Of course to us, Isaac has been our son since the first time we got the call and went and held him in our arms but yesterday the 7th of January we had our court hearing to adopt Isaac. It was a day we looked forward to for so long and at times felt like it was so far away. I went into it expecting it to be very fast, very impersonal and really not knowing what to expect but I came out of it feeling like it could not have went more perfect and we had such a nice magistrate who asked all our family who were present to introduce themselves (which my niece's & nephews, I'm sure found cool) and what even surprized me more was at the end of the hearing the magistrate asked our family if they would like to say anything. The magistrate really made our hearing way more personal than I ever thought it would be, which I am very grateful for. The two dad's spoke and Jim's dad got everyone laughing about Isaac being a OSU buckeye fan but it was sweet how he said he's part of the family. My dad also spoke and I wish I could remember every word but I just cannot, I just remember that it took all I had not to lose it as I was already crying. He mentioned how him and my mom talked about how since us bringing home Isaac, they have never seen me more happy than me being his mom and such.  It was something i'll never forget. Thanks Dad!

At one point the lawyer asked Jim if he thinks Isaac and I have a good bond and he talked about how Isaac has this smile just for me and other stuff that made me cry so by time the lawyer asked me if I felt Jim and Isaac had a bond, all I could say was Yes without crying even more. I feel bad because if given a chance to stop crying and actually say what I wanted to say this is what i would have said....

My husband and Isaac are so close. Soon as one of them walk into the room the other one lights up so much. I love to watch them together as they play and Jim tickles and kisses Isaac. The look that Isaac gives his daddy is priceless and it brings so much joy to my heart to watch my husband be a dad. He is so amazing, so helpful and loving. He has helped me so much when Isaac was feeding multiple times at night, Jim would get one of the feedings each night to help me even though he had work the next morning.  I love just how excited Jim gets over things with Isaac just like I do, I remember the first time we each got to push Isaac in his stroller for the first time and how Jim was just as or more excited than me to get to push him. He truly is an amazing daddy and from the moment he first held Isaac a bond was established that is so natural, so strong and so evident to all who see these two together! 

When the Magistrate officially declared us Isaac's parents, it was one of the best feelings in the world. Something I will probably never be able to quite describe, but felt so good.  Isaac sat there chewing on his phone while it happened, without a care in the world, as it should be, and he did so good! I then got my moment after a few pictures were taken to hug my precious boy and kiss him as I silently cried and thanked Jesus for all He had done! To God be the glory! Ephesians 3:20


Here are some pictures we took to capture the day! Tonight is our party to celebrate God giving Isaac to us!


Us with the Magistrate
 We are family!
 So happy!

 Starkey family!
 Starkey/Rose family
 Mommy & Isaac
 Look at my adorable son!
 Mamaw & Papaw with Isaac
 Grandpa & Grammich with Isaac
 My sister and her children with Isaac!
 Isaac & Grammich
 Isaac giving mommy kisses!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you April! God is so good! The pictures are beautiful. If we wait on God and let Him direct, the gifts He gives are always exceedingly more than we could ever imagine! God Bless you and your family. :) Love, Amy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April,
    I am so happy for you and your family. It has been a blessing to follow your journey since before he was born and watch God's faithfulness and provision for all of your lives. I feel like you're a part of my family though I have never officially "met" you....
    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special day!! I am so so SOO happy for you!!!!! Isaac Starkey!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! So excited for your family of 3!! After reading your post, I'm wondering how I'll ever make it through ours without breaking down in lots and lots of tears!!! Oh well, tears of joy and excitement at that point will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats! Less than three weeks until ours now; I hope it goes as well as yours did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful beautiful day. Your entry brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete