Saturday we had Isaac's adoption finalization party at Jim's parents house and expected around 20-30 people especially because of the bad snowy weather we were having but we ended up having over 60 people show up and celebrate with us! It was a packed house, but we had so much fun seeing everyone and talking with everyone! We had lots of yummy finger food and dessert and had a slideshow of pictures of Isaac playing on their tv throughout the night and towards the very end of the night we played his gotcha day video in the background! We had so many kids there running around playing together, which was so great to see!
We found this awesome idea online of making a family tree for Isaac with everyone's thumb prints that came to the party. So it's not exactly all family but really to us it is, because everyone that came is close to us and family to us in one way or another. So now Isaac has this new family tree with everyone's thumb prints on it and their name underneath! I love how it turned out and I plan on framing it next and putting it in his nursery...
Here are the rest of the pictures from the night, a night we will always remember...
His cake we had made since I didn't have time to make one!
I wanted it to say Forever a family but she forgot the A, but it was still cute!
"Forever a Family" banner I made!
Isaac's baby book I made him! It's so full and i only have the first 5 months in it so I will have to have two albums just for his first year...haha
Isaac with his cousins Sarah & Katie
Aunt Monica & Isaac
Friend of ours Dave & Isaac having a staring contest!
My wonderful friend Kay holding Isaac!
Uncle Nick & Aunt Monica with Isaac
Food! Yum! We had 3 types of veggie pizza, pigs in a blanket, meatballs, veggie tray & chicken salad sandwiches and then brownies, cake & cut-out cookies for dessert along with punch & coffees!
In the background you can see the slideshow on the tv we were playing!
He loves to chew on the rubber end of his tylenol bottle!
Mommy & Isaac playing around! He loves to arch and roll around now like crazy!
Mommy & Isaac goofing around!
My awesome friend Cari and I
My sis and I
My Dad and I
Kay & I
Sunday was his baby dedication and it went wonderful. Thankfully I only cried once and it was when we were reading a letter but I got through the song I sang to him without crying! YAY! It was so adorable, the little boy was so tired that as soon as I started singing to him his eyes immediately closed and he fell asleep cuddling on daddy's chest up on stage as I sang to him! He is so precious! Here are a few pics from the dedication...we had my mom (my dad couldn't come b/c he is a pastor and couldn't leave his church) jim's parents, my sister and her family, my friends Cari, savannah and her husband jeremy come celebrate with us!


Congrats!!! How appropriate to dedicate him right after everything was final! God's timing is so good!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the thumbprint family tree! Great memories! Prayers for your new family:)
Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend! So happy for you guys! I noticed all your little cricut touches :0) And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tree idea .... might have to steal that one ;0)
ReplyDeleteI love the tree canvas. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. So happy for your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amy
Just wondering- what song did you sing?
ReplyDeleteMeant to be by Steven Curtis Chapman! ;0) p.s. i have not forgotten about you girl...so sorry! its been crazy with the holidays/sickness/adoption finalization but i see your package of stuff still on the fireplace...i will get it out sooner or later...
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend!! The party looks like quite a success! 60 people is amazing!! Love the family tree idea. How sweet that you sang to him.
ReplyDeleteThose are so sweet! Looks like you all had an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteHooray!! I'm so happy for all of you.
ReplyDeleteHooray!! I'm so happy for all of you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend!! The party looks like quite a success! 60 people is amazing!! Love the family tree idea. How sweet that you sang to him.
ReplyDelete