Photobucket

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hair & pictures...

Now that we are back to normal life after Christmas, being sick and then Isaac's adoption celebration weekend this past week, I thought it would be great to do a simple picture post b/c well Isaac is so darn cute and I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of him for you all to see!

hair...

I've been researching like crazy about his hair. What I've been doing was not working and I wasn't for sure if he needed a haircut already or i just wasn't taking care of it correctly. Thanks to the wonderful adoption hair/skincare board on facebook and the people I have gotten to know on there, they helped lead me to many great sites that sell awesome products to try out on his hair and gave me many wonderful tips! I love researching and looking stuff up btw, so this has been fun for me. I just really wanted to figure out how to take care of his hair the best that I could. It seemed fuzzy/frizzy and funky I was washing it 1-2 a week with Johnsons baby shampoo and putting baby oil on it BUT I found out Johnsons shampoo is too harsh for his hair and many AA(african american)babies don't need their hair washed with shampoo more than once every 2-4 weeks and the rest of the time you co-wash, which means you wash with conditioner. Oh the things I am learning...SO I tried conditioner for the first time today. I just used mine since the products i ordered for him are not in yet and WOW did it make a difference. Poor little boy, I was letting his hair get to dry and I didn't even know it. His hair soaked the conditioner right up and all his hairs sprung into adorable little corkscrew curls and shrunk down in size majorly. It looks amazing! I am SO pumped to get the product in that I ordered.

I looked at Carol's Daughter, Curlz.biz and other sites but for now due to high recommendations I am going with Curls by Sisters Smith All their products are natural, homemade and with high quality ingredients. I ordered their wet set pudding ...

and the Quick Fix Spritz...

and the Get Drenched Conditioner...



You can order them in different scents and the lady whose son has similar hair to Isaac's said they use the brown sugar scent and it's so great smelling so we also decided to order the brown sugar scent!

So once these come in, i'll keep you all updated on how they work on Isaac's hair and take some before and after pictures for you all since I know lots of you reading this also have children with curly hair!

Alright, now on to some adorable pictures of Isaac...

Playing with Daddy


 His new thing is pulling his socks off and eating/sucking on his toes!


 We play catch together, i toss the ball in his lap and say "throw it back to momma" and he throws it back as best as he can to me and it melts my heart every time!

 tummy time
 He just LOVES water! He's splashing so much now and got our spare bedroom all soaked so it looks like he will be going in the big tub now!



 Here is his hair after conditioner...much better...the next pic of him in the tub shows what it looks like all dry and without conditioner
 love that smile. look at how ripped he is...his muscle definition in his arms crack me up





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. His muscles remind me of josh's lol he is such a cutie. He looks so big now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big!!! Thankful you found some info on hair care, I'm sure I'll look back at this post if we're placed with an AA or bi racial baby!! The things we need to learn!

    ReplyDelete