Photobucket

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Before there was time...

"Before there was time, You counted the hairs on my head. You knew all the words that I've said and You purchased me back from the dead. Before I was made, You searched me and You knew my ways, You numbered all of my days and You set forth the steps that I would take..."

I cannot get through singing this verse without crying. These words mean so much to me, to know my Creator knew me before the foundations of the earth were made (Ephesians 1:4). To know that He knew me before I was formed in my mother's womb (Jeremiah 1:5) and that He created all of my parts and I was not hidden from Him when I was being made but He already knew all the days He had planned for me before one of them came to be (Psalm 139).

On days when I feel not the greatest or on days I'm worrying about life I can go back to His word in Psalm 139 and be reminded that He made me wonderfully and fearfully and that He knows me and searches me and goes before me. He knows every word on my tongue before I even speak it. What a personal sovereign God we have!

 Today is Sanctity of Life Sunday! This year I cannot help but be thankful for the life that God gave us when He blessed us with Isaac. I am thankful that Isaac's birth mom chose life for him. What a brave women she is and what a loving women she is, to have chosen life for her birth son and to give him to a loving family to take care of him.  Like our pastor mentioned this morning during the message, how Isaac was to originally be aborted. That was his birth mom's original plans, BUT she decided not to, God worked in the situation and Isaac was given life! Pastor Joe said how now we get to watch Isaac grow up and see God's plans for him unfold, plans that God had for him before the foundations of the earth were laid. 

There are so many babies every day, every hour, every second being aborted. Babies that God knew before they were even first conceived, babies that God had watched as they were being formed, babies that God loves and had plans for before the foundations of the earth were laid. 

Let's not only today but every day keep all the birth mom's in prayer as they make these life-changing, life-altering decisions. Let's pray for our pregnancy centers who do so much to help the birth moms and we especially should be praying for the centers and doctors who perform these abortions.  Every one of those birth mother's are precious and dear to our Father and so are each and every one of those babies inside of the mother's! 

 There is one more thing I think about today on Sanctity of life day...well ok, i think about it everyday...are the children of God, precious little boys and girls most of whom are orphaned. I've gotten to see many pictures and hear their stories from friends who have gone over to visit and care and love on them. So many of them cling to you so tightly, longing for any kind of love and affection that they don't get since they do not have parents. Many of them dig through trash to find toys, many sleep huddled together with the siblings to keep warm at night without any parents to watch over them and I could go on and on with things I've heard about them. My heart breaks, BREAKS...no other word I can think of but that to explain how my heart aches for these children. God's been putting them STRONGLY on my heart for over a year now and it looks like there is an opportunity for me to go love on them and have Him use me to show them His love possibly here in the coming months...so PLEASE be praying about that for me.  

I'll leave you with a quote my mother in law has at her house that I just LOVE and am going to put in Isaac's baby book..

"Just think...you're here not by chance, but by God's choosing. His hand formed you and made you the person you are. He compares you to no one else - you are one of a kind. You lack nothing that His grace can't give you. He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation." 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment