Photobucket

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cricut creations...

I had some fun making a birthday card for my Dad and a baby shower card for a friend of mine who is having her baby shower this week! I absolutely LOVE making cards with my Cricut machine! They take lots of time but I don't mind because scrapbooking, card making or whatever I make with my Cricut really relaxes me and is fun to me!

I am starting to follow a few scrapbooking blogs now too so I thought it would be fun from time to time to post some of my creations!  I've drawn lots of inspiration from others who have posted their projects or crafts on their blog/facebook and so I hope these inspire you to go out and try to make some of your own cards! If you have any questions about them please feel free to ask. I'll explain what I used for you Cricut lovers out there that want to know which cartridge you'll need to make these!


The first one I made is for my Dad's birthday. I take after him in many ways and two of the big ways are music and sweets. He loves to listen to music so I got him Chris Tomlin's new album and he loves his sweets like me so I thought it would be fun to make him a strawberry sunday card because he LOVES strawberry icecream!  I am also linking up with My Pink Stamper for her birthday challenge with this card! Here is a close-up of it...
For this card I used the Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge and cut it at 5 inches and then used a "Happy Birthday" stamp to finish it off! I don't know if you can tell by the picture but it opens up for you to write inside of it!

The second card I made is for my friends Ashley & Rob who are having their first baby girl here in the coming weeks and we are having her church shower this weekend! So I knew the nursery was in brown and pink and so is the shower theme colors so I wanted to make for sure those were represented but I also added a few more. I used the card from the Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge that is with the snail picture and then used the Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge for the banner and bird! I believe I cut this at 5 too. Then I stamped baby on the front and stamped congratulations on the inside! Here is a close-up...


I love how these turned out and I'm looking forward to making more creations!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I just love your blog, so wonderful to read the uplifting parts in others life and the postive they share with other about the love of God. I sooo adore this little card set and the colors are to sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute love that card and the colors. I love your blog. Isaac looks like such a joy.FS
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched your wonderful adoption story. It is so sad to see all the horrible things that some of the worlds children, young and old.
    Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card...Very touching story. I'm glad you are were you are! Hugs~Rene. I'm your new follower. Check out my blog at RenesCraftCorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! It's so sweet! Your blog is very uplifting, thank you for all that you do! I am now a follower of your blog!!

    www.purplescrapbooker.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute =) Watched the video, really beautiful =)

    Hugs from Lilli =)
    l.a.nikolaisen at gmail dot com
    www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, beautiful story, beautiful family, and a totally beautiful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! It is so beautiful!My son's name is also Isaac, but he is 16 years old. It's a great name!
    God Bless,
    Carolee Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! Your card and your blog! TFS!
    http://my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are beautiful and so is your blog.
    Thanks, ANita

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute card ~ thanks for sharing!
    I am now a follower :-)
    www.kerieskafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! TFS. Head on over to my blog for an awesome Cricut giveaway! Bug Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable!! I just watched the video of your adoption with Issac and it brought tears to my eyes! I am your newest follower and love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! TFS!
    Come visit me...
    www.hobbymommycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUper cute card!!Thank you for sharing and good luck on the challenge! I'm now a new follower Yay!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card!
    I'm a new follower.. Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed checking out your blog! I want to award you with a blog award. Check out my blog for more details!
    www.hobbymommycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are great card! You did a great job.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete