Let me first give thanks and ALL glory to God for how He has worked in our hearts and in this situation and over and over again, He has confirmed this for us and orchestrated in and did immeasurably more than ANYTHING we could ask or imagine! Ephesians 3:20
Around 1:15pm today June 22nd, I got the call that will forever change our lives. Jim and I were up late last night tossing and turning in bed until 1 or 2 am and we kept asking each other why we couldn't sleep. We just figured it was the taco bell! ;0) Today I found out that yesterday the birthmom got all the family profiles and today the agency found out she loved us and picked us!
I am not for sure what all details I can give right now so I will not give many, but we do have quite a lot of details about the birthfamily and their medical history and such, which is great!
A BIG answer to prayer that God gave us is we have been praying that we would not have to go through the heartache of getting picked, bonding with the baby for 3 days in the hospital and then the birthmother deciding to keep the baby. God answered our prayer because...
OUR BABY BOY WAS BORN ON FATHER'S DAY, JUNE 20TH, AND HE WEIGHED 4 LBS AND 15 OZS AND WAS AROUND 35 WEEKS, 4 DAYS WHEN BORN. HE IS 19 1/2 INCHES LONG SO THEY SAID HE IS LONG AND SKINNY!
...so even if worse came to worse and she did decide to keep him on Thursday, it wouldn't be as hard as normal since we wouldnt have the three days with him in the hospital! Since finding out later, everything is going SO fast!
We go tomorrow to the hospital at around 1-2pm, which I am not for sure if I can say where but if you know Jim and know who he loves to watch the most of on TV, you can put two and two together and figure out where! :0) On Thursday we will go see her and the baby until around 1pm and then we will leave and around 3pm is when she has to make the final decision. If she goes through with it, we will then get the call to come back and get our baby boy! THURSDAY!
Can you believe it? I almost cannot! I have been jumping up and down, shaking a little, crying, smiling and I cannot thank God enough for this blessing, this miracle, this baby of ours that He knew before time began that He would place in our arms and in our hearts to be our child!
How awesome that we became parents on Father's day! How awesome that our Creator loves us so much that He would choose to place this baby in our lives and entrust us to parent them! This is the beginning of a new, big and long journey and we are SO excited! I am sure I have missed something so I am sure I will write more later but for now...PLEASE PRAY FOR US AS WE WILL BE IN A WHIRLWIND THE NEXT FEW DAYS! Pray for our meeting with the birthmother tomorrow and for the first time we get to meet our little guy!
ALL GLORY TO GOD,
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH my gosh.. I have chills. I am soo excited for you two!! Continuing to pray everything goes how it should. Eeeh..
ReplyDeleteI am bursting with joy for you guys!!!!!! I am so, so, so excited for you!!!!! Congrats mom and dad! God is good!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!!!!!!!! We are praying!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTears are flowing!!!
ReplyDeletei'm all choked up, so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteanna
Oh April! I am overjoyed for you and Jim! I cannot Praise the Lord enough. How amazing! I can't wait to see and hear all about your baby boy. April, YOU'RE A MOM!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW our God IS an AWESOME God!!! Congrats to you both. A moment that will change your lives FOREVER. He's the luckiest little guy ever. Praying all continues to flow well. <3
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Does he have a name yet? You had better post pictures asap after you bring him home!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! As soon as I saw your post I got all teary eyed! God Bless you and Jim and your little guy!
ReplyDeleteAh, April!!!!! I'm just full of emotions for you guys! I can say I know EXACTLY how you are feeling....this was us just two short years ago at almost the exact same time (June 14th!!). I'm happy for you and Jim and this little guy (who I can't wait to see pics of!!), and I'm hurting for his birthmom who will let him go. I will be in prayer for the entire situation. May God be glorified in all of this!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see this precious miracle!
XOXO
April joyful tears are flowing for you and Jim. What blessed news!!!!!!! I cannot wait to read all about him. Praise the Lord, the Creator of life who knew this baby was yours since before you were even born. Yes! Gotta go find a tissue...
ReplyDeleteHALLELUJAH!!! I saw your update on facebook and immediately started crying and praising Jesus! I am SO thrilled for you and Jim ... absolutely speechless by the power of Jesus!! Thank you, God!!!!!!! Covering you, Jim and your SON in prayer these next few days and also praying for the birthmother as she gives her child the greatest gift ever imagined. LOVE YOU SWEET FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteApril and Jim we too are excited for you and for the grandparents as well. I can remember the JOY we felt each time Carrie called us and said that she got a call from the hospital. What overwhelming excitement - what a gift from God to you all. Rejoicing. How I have appreciated Mom's willing to share their babies in this special way. I am watching Carrie's three now as they are in Jamaica on a missions trip. It is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You guys will be great parents! God is so good!
ReplyDeleteYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so SO happy for you & Jim! AND your sweet little son! A SON! Aww I'm so thrilled for you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBrie*
YIPPEEE JESUS!!! Praying for you!! How wonderfully exciting to have him born on Father's Day...I am crying here in Phoenix for you! Yippee Jesus!! Can you hear me shouting it? xo
ReplyDeleteApril, that is awesome! Praise the Lord for your family!
ReplyDeletePRAISE JESUS! Congratulations! I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! HAPPY MOMMY DAY TO YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful news! I am so happy for you two. Can't wait to see and hear all about him.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amy
Congratulations April! I am so happy for your family and can't wait to see pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! What an amazing answer to prayer!!! Being chosen is exciting. The baby already being born is more exciting. Having the baby born on Father's Day is even more exciting. And the fact that you will have him this week blows my mind! Congrats on everything!!! So excited!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Happy daddy's day and birthday celebration to both of you! Post pictures as soon as possible!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!! I started following your story when you were on xanga, and just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and Jim! I read this whole post over the phone to my hubby, and couldn't get through it without crying. :) Oh, this is so exciting! Our God is so amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so so so happy for you!!! Our daughter's birthday is June 20th as well. It's a special day, especially when it happens to be Father's Day as well. Congrats on your baby boy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations I read your comment on Linny's post and couldn't help hopping over and telling you congrats!!! Adoption has changed our lives forever!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! Journal journal journal about everything you are feeling and doing these few days there are so many things I didn't remember because it all happened so fast!!! I go back and read things now and am so thankful I wrote it all down!!
ReplyDeleteOh my word! I got absolute chills all over when I saw the title to your post! I can't wait to hear when he is in your arms! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteApril,
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome God story!! Hooray! A boy--so sweet. You might have to get a little boy preemie outfit for that size.;) How fun will that be!! So happy for you and Jim!!
OH MY GOSH!!! I am just SOOOO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! That's the most WONDERFUL news!! Praise God!!! I can't wait to hear what happens and see pictures of your sweet thing... oh and hear his name!! Oh my oh my oh my!!!!!! SO SO SO happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!!! You have a SON!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Praying!
ReplyDeletePraying for your FAMILY! God is so good!
ReplyDeletewait... WHAT??!! I have been out of the loop for almost three weeks and thought, "let me check in and see how april is doing."
ReplyDeleteyay!! yay!!! yay!!!!
oh, and a sweet boy. oh, how amazing!! :)
lots of love!
- laura
PS: don't forget that I'd love to do a baby announcement for you if you'd like. xoxo.
AMAZING! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I'm so excited for you!!!!!! Been there, know the feeling, enjoy every single second of it and don't let anyone tell you differently! I can't wait to see the pics of your baby boy. *squeal!*
ReplyDeleteSoooo excited for you guys! Praising God for this miracle and His beautiful timing. Praying for all involved in this decision and for peace for all as God's plan for your son unfolds. Jeremy was wearing your shirt alot this weekend, & on your son's Bday. Yea!!!
ReplyDeleteOH my gosh! That was so fast! Sooooo exciting!!!! Congratulations on your new son!!!! This is so special to get to see God's plan unfold from the beginning of this journey that was not very long ago! I am just so happy for you guys! I will pray that things go smoothly!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!!!!! I'll be praying that these next few days fly by and everything goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteYour journey continues to inspire me and touch my heart. I've left a bloggy award for you over at my blog. I know the next few days will be busy, but stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.
Congrats again!
WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?! YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so, so, so, so excited for you! What a huge and wonderful blessing!
ReplyDeleteYou are friends with Courtney on Xanga right? How amazing that her miracle baby was born on Mother's Day this year and your miracle baby was born on Father's Day this year. I love it! :)
I can't wait to hear all about him!! Praying, praying, praying!
I have been following your blog for a while now and when I checked this and saw your update, I wept tears of joy. Your unwavering faith in God has been a true inspiration to me and I am so excited to see how God will bless you!
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog and all I can say is PRAISE GOD!!!:) I am SO happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! SOOOO happy for you! I am cannot wait to hear more about YOUR SON!!!
ReplyDeleteWoW! What an amazing story! I will be keeping you and your new baby in my prayers!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys... Kyle was 4 lbs 5 oz and 18 1/2 in long. He stayed little for a long time, like 5 years. But they go quickly, enjoy every moment! Even the ones when you have to give discipline! Not fun but very rewarding when they have learned a lesson. You have made me have to go back through baby pics, miss them being tiny, even though Brayden is only 15 months he still isn't tiny anymore!
ReplyDeleteTHANKS EVERYONE! SOMEONE HACKED INTO MY EMAIL AND NOW I CANNOT ACCESS MY BLOG TO UPDATE IT. THERE IS A BIG POSSIBILITY I WILL HAVE TO CREATE A NEW BLOG AND SWITCH EVERYTHING OVER. I AM SO BUMMED THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED, BUT WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO GET BACK BLOGGING SOON. IF ANY OF YOU KNOW THE BEST WAY FOR US TO SWITCH OUR POSTS AND TEMPLATE AND EVERYTHING TO A NEW BLOG PLEASE LET US KNOW BECAUSE WE ARE NOT FOR SURE!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys... Kyle was 4 lbs 5 oz and 18 1/2 in long. He stayed little for a long time, like 5 years. But they go quickly, enjoy every moment! Even the ones when you have to give discipline! Not fun but very rewarding when they have learned a lesson. You have made me have to go back through baby pics, miss them being tiny, even though Brayden is only 15 months he still isn't tiny anymore!
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog and all I can say is PRAISE GOD!!!:) I am SO happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOH my gosh! That was so fast! Sooooo exciting!!!! Congratulations on your new son!!!! This is so special to get to see God's plan unfold from the beginning of this journey that was not very long ago! I am just so happy for you guys! I will pray that things go smoothly!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations I read your comment on Linny's post and couldn't help hopping over and telling you congrats!!! Adoption has changed our lives forever!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! Journal journal journal about everything you are feeling and doing these few days there are so many things I didn't remember because it all happened so fast!!! I go back and read things now and am so thankful I wrote it all down!!
ReplyDelete