Tuesday, June 8, 2010
I cannot believe it's finally almost here....
In just FOUR short days...a day that I have dreamed about and Jim and I have talked about for over 4 1/2 years is finally coming true, we are having our FIRST BABY SHOWER! There have been MANY moments throughout this past 4 1/2 years where we wondered if we would ever get to experience this! By the grace of God even after miscarriages and while we were trying all those years, God gave me strength to still go to all my friends and families showers and I am glad I did! I am thankful the Lord allowed me not to be bitter but instead to rejoice with my friends and family...yet in my heart I longed, ached and wondered if it would ever be my turn and if Jim and I would ever get our own baby shower! Well, in 4 days we are getting that baby shower and just typing it brings tears to my eyes! Of course I am excited to see everyone that comes, excited to see how the girls are decorating it and excited for the presents we get for the baby but what REALLY matters to me and what brings tears to my eyes is that having this baby shower makes it SO MUCH MORE REAL to us that soon, very soon Lord willing, we will be holding our baby in our arms.
This first baby shower will be for ALL friends and church family and we have tried our best to get our invites or put in the church bulletin but if for some reason you would like to come and have not received an invite yet...here is your invite...these are the exact ones we sent out! I am SO excited and cannot wait to see everyone! See you all in FOUR days!
In His amazing grip,
Labels:
adoption,
church,
domestic adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So excited for you, you are precious. Your enthusiasm is contagious!! Enjoy the celebration. I've always been overwhelmed by the beauty of God's provision through the love of others at showers for my babies. Wish I was local :)Mandi
ReplyDeletejohnsonfamily-outoftheboat.blogspot.com
I sooooo wish I could come!!!!!!!! I was thinking yesterday that a baby shower with all my adoptive mama friends would be the BEST THING EVER!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLauren, I agree...a shower with all adoptive mamas would be a blast! ;0)
ReplyDeleteSo excited that you finally get to have your first shower! I hope you enjoy it thoroughly! Hopefully your little baby will not be too far behind!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting. I'm thrilled for you. I'm doing my baby's first birthday in a Dr. Seuss theme, and am so excited about it. Maybe you will be able to do the same a year or so from now!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting. I'm thrilled for you. I'm doing my baby's first birthday in a Dr. Seuss theme, and am so excited about it. Maybe you will be able to do the same a year or so from now!
ReplyDeleteSo excited that you finally get to have your first shower! I hope you enjoy it thoroughly! Hopefully your little baby will not be too far behind!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you, you are precious. Your enthusiasm is contagious!! Enjoy the celebration. I've always been overwhelmed by the beauty of God's provision through the love of others at showers for my babies. Wish I was local :)Mandi
ReplyDeletejohnsonfamily-outoftheboat.blogspot.com