Photobucket

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Check out paragraph #3! AMAZING!

Today Isaac is one week old and we have known him for 5 days now!  I still plan on writing the story of how everything went, but that will come later!  I just wanted to give you all another little update into our lives since Isaac has come home!

One week ago today we were camping and our son was being born, on Father's day!  I have something SO AMAZING to share with you all....glad I'm typing this and not telling you in person because I cry everytime almost!  God just completely amazes me!

We found out Isaac was born at 35 wks, 4 days and his birthmom found out she was pregnant with him at four months along and she was planning on aborting him.  She told us it was really expensive and the birthdad didn't want anything to do with the baby but did tell her that he thinks she should put it up for adoption.  Little did they know God was just orchestrating all the days leading up to placing Isaac in our arms!  So I decided to trace back and see when she was around 4 months pregnant with Isaac when she found out and was going to abort at first.  I found out it was around the first few weeks of March so I decided to go back in our adoption blog posts and see what I was writing about in the beginning of March.  Here is where God completely amazes me beyond words....

The very time his birthmother was finding out she was pregnant with him and was contemplating abortion, was the VERY SAME TIME God moved us from Uganda to domestic adoption and gave us the big grant for adopting domestically and when we made the decision to adopt our first child domestically! 

I LOVE seeing God's hands working through this whole journey and how everything fell into place for Isaac to become our son.  God orchestrated it and confirmed it with every single step and He alone deserves ALL the glory for this and I pray that our journey touches SO many lives and that lives are changed for the Lord and for what really matters!

I cannot wait to get done typing so I can hold my precious son again!  We cannot get enough of him!  He is such a good baby, he smiles ALL the time!  Now I know its just a muscle spasm/reflex right now but God is giving us LOTS of them and he is doing SO well at night and only really crys when he is getting his diaper changed he just is too adorable!

Jim is so adorable!  Last night Isaac sneezed and Jim leaned over and asked me if Isaac was still ok since he sneezed and he wanted me to make for sure he was ok and breathing!  I just absolutely love watching my husband be a dad!  I love the voice he uses, I love what he says to Isaac or about him and I love to watch him just hold and look at Isaac!

It still hits me several times a day...WE HAVE A SON!  It's almost hard to believe even when I'm holding him!  I LOVE it!  I'm so excited to start showing him off to everyone once we can leave the house!  Babies that are breastfed get immunity at first from the breastmilk but formula fed babies do not get that initial boost of immunity so thats why it's even more important that we keep him in for a bit!  We are hoping to take him to church in 3 weeks or so and just keep him in a carrier of some sort!  We definitely want to protect his little premie body that doesn't get shots until 6-8 weeks!

We are SUPER excited in the next few weeks we will be having our family shower that my sister is planning!  I know nothing about it or when it is but if your family and are reading this, you should be hearing from Monica soon about the date!  We plan on having Isaac there and Jim is going to help us open the presents!  We are SO excited to introduce him to you all!  We are SO blessed!

Without further ado...i give you more pics...


9 comments:

  1. wow... God has so clearly written your story! It's always amazing to hear how he works in adoption! It's just like reading Amy's referral story... God is just in EVERY DETAIL!!

    Reading this and seeing you with your son make me so in awe and excited to finally see how God has been writing our story without our knowledge... and it makes my arms ache for Tucker even more!

    God is SO good!!! I am ridiculously happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I just love seeing how God works. It is truly awe inspiring. What a beautiful blessing.
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. April,
    I am just so very happy for you and Jim! He is so tiny, so precious! Hold him as much as you can. They grow up soooooooo fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! Isaac is so very precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I don't have to lie to you when I say that your son is beautiful. What an amazing gift. I love it when we get a glimpse into all that God has planned for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me cry too. It continues to amaze me the miracles God works daily - things that we take for granted or don't even notice because we're so wrapped up in our lives. The journey you took to Isaac will definitely open your eyes to the miracles all around - it worked that way for hubby and I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing story! Just think of the lessons on faith that Issac will learn through all of this. It's truly inspiring!

    He is a precious little baby... His skin color is perfect. They don't make them any more handsome:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made me cry too. It continues to amaze me the miracles God works daily - things that we take for granted or don't even notice because we're so wrapped up in our lives. The journey you took to Isaac will definitely open your eyes to the miracles all around - it worked that way for hubby and I.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing! Isaac is so very precious!!!

    ReplyDelete