Photobucket

Monday, June 21, 2010

BEST VIDEO I HAVE WATCHED...

I have WATCHED countless adoption/orphan/other amazing videos that God has used to really work in my heart!  They were all amazing but this one especially tugs at the strings of my heart b/c it's a different type of adoption video!  It doesn't just talk about adoption in the way you think about when you first hear the word "adoption"!  It does so much more, including something that involves EVERY single one of us reading this!  So if you do not do anything else today or if you don't feel like reading the rest of the words of this blog below the video...PLEASE watch the video!  You won't regret it! :)



To say that God just keeps working in my heart and breaking it, growing it, changing it and challenging it...is a BIG understatement!  There are quite no words to describe what God has been doing in our lives but I feel this adoption journey is just stratching the surface!  Check out some quotes below from the book "Radical" by Pastor David Platt that I am reading...you will not want to skip over this!  Some amazing words!

"Our perspective on our possessions radically changes when we open our eyes to the needs of the world around us.  When we have the courage to look in the faces of brothers and sisters whose bodies are malnourished and whose brains are deformed because they have no food, Christ will change our desires, and we will long to sacrifice our resources for the glory of His name among them."

"Why not begin operating under the idea that God has given us excess, not so we could have more, but so we could give more?"

~Following quote is from a young man who lives with his family in a country where it's illegal to spread the gospel.  He is serving people there who have never heard fo Jesus.


"How many people have not believed because they have not heard?  What will it take for those people to hear?  Have they not heard because there is no one to tell them?  What can we do, in obedience to God, to change the world in which there are millions and millions of people who cannot call on the name of the Lord?  Most of us would say we know the answer to that question.  Many of us would say we are even doing things to change the situation.  But the truth is, there wil continue to be millions and millions of people who do not hear as long as we continue to use spare time and spare money to reach them.  Those are two radically different questions.  "What can we spare?" and "What will it take?"

 "What would happen if together we stopped giving our scraps to the poor and started giving surplus?  What if we started giving not just what we are able to give but beyond what we are able to give?  What if, like the widow in Luke 21 who gave all she had, we began to give what it hurts us to give?  What if we gave like this, not just because of the critical need around us, but because this kind of giving is actually what the heart of Christ in us both demands and desires?"  WOW!

The following is a picture of what I pray all the churches in america, in the world begin to do....

The pastor who wrote this book I am reading, Dr. David Platt, is pastor of a church called the Church at BrookHills in Birmingham, Alabama and this is what they have recently done...AMAZING!

~They contacted their county and found out it would take 150 families to care for all the foster children in their county.  Within two weeks, they had 160 families from their church sign up to foster children!  WOW!

~Their small groups across the church have begun sacrificing luxuries for everything from building wells, buying chickens for starving villages and so much more!  

~Their church had a savings of $500,000 that they were saving for a rainy day due to the economy.  After reading James 2:14-17 and studying it.  They found out 41% of the poor live in India.  Many children die before age 5.  So they learned that $25,000 would provide food, water, medical care and education in a village for ONE YEAR!  There were 21 villages so they were decideding which ones to serve when they realized if there are 21 churches in each village they could connect with and serve and so that would be a total of $525,000 so they decided to serve/sponser ALL 21 villages in India!  AMAZING!  


"Ultimately, I don't want to miss eternal treasure because I settle for earthly trinkets."


Hope these quotes from the book spoke to your heart as much as they did to me!  May God continue to break my heart, break all of our hearts for what breaks His and to open our eyes and and guide us to what He has for us to do for His kingdom! 

In His amazing grip,

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing video! I love it. Thank you for sharing it as well as the quotes. Adoption truly is a miracle of God. Even having been through two 'failed' adoptions (I hate calling it that but I'm not sure how else to describe it), I feel that each one was a miracle and we learned from them and became more committed to keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Amber, I cannot imagine how you guys went through that! We are praying we will not have too but we know there is a BIG chance we might. Praying God gives us strength as we wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing that video! I have loved that song ever since one of my professors in college shared that song with us. The video gave me chills. Then reading about what that church did gave me even more chills! WOW! Wow, wow, wow! I'm just in awe of all they did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that video! I have loved that song ever since one of my professors in college shared that song with us. The video gave me chills. Then reading about what that church did gave me even more chills! WOW! Wow, wow, wow! I'm just in awe of all they did!

    ReplyDelete