Photobucket

Friday, June 18, 2010

The longing sets in...

I've noticed the past few days, it's starting to really get hard.  The longing, the aching for our baby, to get that call and to hold our baby in our arms!  I am trusting God knowing His timing and plan for when we receive the call and bring home our baby is perfect and best!  I have peace in that!  It's just that while we're waiting, especially when folding clothes and getting the nursery ready, it makes Jim and I long for her/him even more!

I mean, I have longed for them since the beginning of this journey but right now the best way to describe it is just that it's very STRONG!  I don't know why, maybe it's because God is getting my heart ready and it's going to be soon or maybe it's because we might have to wait awhile longer and in that case I would love prayer from all of you for strength for Jim and I as we wait!

They say with adoption that the first few weeks and months at home are very important to get the bond going and established and that its actually best in adoption cases to hold, caress, look at your baby as much as possible and especially for the first few weeks home for Jim and I to hold her/him with us even if we are doing stuff, to just have them in a baby carrier snuggled next to us to hear our heartbeat, get familiar with our smell, and start that bond!  So if it seems like Jim and I might be smothering our baby with attention, affection, hugs and love the first few weeks and months they are home, its because thats what we are suppose to do and thats what we are trying to do! :0)

So if you think of us today, just pray that God would continue to give Jim and I strength as we wait for this miracle, this blessing, this baby and that we would be productive with whatever God would have us to do while we wait for this baby!

In His amazing grip,

5 comments:

  1. I so understand what you are talking about. Before our first daughter came to us through adoption there would be days that I felt like I could not breath..adoption was ALWAYS on my mind. They say to go on with your normal life, but it is so hard just waiting...waiting for that phone call because you never know when it is going to happen. The only thing that I can say is continue staying strong and having the faith that it will HAPPEN!! The baby ment for you and your husband is out there and will come to you when he/she is ment to be in your arms. The best of luck and I look forward to following you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this fact gives me comfort: we're closer today than we were yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and Jim! Karl and I are feeling just the same way as we wait! I think your heart is so precious in this journey and can not wait to see the beautiful blessings that God has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I will keep you both in my prayers. We are at two years and two months waiting, so I completely get this!! I sure love what Rachel said above, though. One day closer. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord is working behind the scenes. Believe in the 'unseen' things. Hold on to God's unchanging hand. Your baby is coming in God's time. I promise all of these days of longing will disappear the instant you hold your baby in your arms.

    ReplyDelete