Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Just finished our baby's first load of laundry!!!
Since we have had one shower already we have gotten a bit of gender neutral baby clothes, which is wonderful. Also, since we just had our adoption garage sale, TONS of beautiful baby clothes were donated so after the sale I went and picked out my favorite baby boy and baby girl clothes to keep until we get our baby and know what gender he/she is! So I just finished folding the gender neutral clothes and some of the baby girl and baby boy. The rest are in the dryer right now! Here is our plan...
We picked out one baby boy newborn outfit and one baby girl newborn outfit at Target and we will take those outfits with us to the hospital (unless we find out before hand what we are having) along with a few other gender neutral outfits!
The other gender neutral clothes we have right now I will start to put away/hang up! Although we do not have our dresser yet so I will probably just hang up what I can and wait until we get the dresser until I put away the clothes that will need folding.
The pile of baby boy and baby girl clothes that I picked out from the garage sale, I will keep in a separate area and when we get to the hospital and find out what gender our baby is, I figured we could call the two grandma's (my mom and Jim's mom) and have them go get the pile of gender clothes out and ready for when we come home! I know they will probably have fun doing that!
QUESTION: What baby clothes/item do you hang up and which ones do you fold away in drawers? Since this will be our first I would love any tips on the best way to do the above and also just arranging/organizing the nursery/items/accessories in general!
Love to all,
Labels:
adoption,
domestic adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am SO excited that this is finally happening for y'all! :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun & exciting it must be to do your first load of baby laundry! Oh, God is SO good. :)
I usually just put all the baby's clothes in the dressers until they're bigger. but that's just me :)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you and Jim. Sorry I couldn't make the shower, but Jeff and I were out of town. Waaayyy back when my kids were babies, I folded most of the clothes, but hung dresses and little boys clothes that I didn't want wrinkled. You can buy those tiny little hangers now that are soo convenient. Have fun and enjoy every moment. Love you
ReplyDeleteI agree with the previous post. I put outfits and baby girl dresses in the closet and put sleepers, onesies, socks, etc. in drawers. God bless!
ReplyDeleteI usually just put all the baby's clothes in the dressers until they're bigger. but that's just me :)
ReplyDelete