It's the second FULL day we have had Isaac home and I don't think we could be more in love! He is so precious, so tiny, so full of life and alert and overall SO FAR a good baby! He slept from midnight until 2:00 and after waking up and feeding and changing his diaper he went back to sleep until 6:20, giving us 6 solid hours of sleep last night! I figured the first few nights we would get very little sleep and so it was great to have 6 hours of sleep on night #2!
We are so in love with him and LOVE how God's plan included putting Isaac into our lives! The bond is going so much better and is so much stronger than I thought it would be at first! Every so often I do get scared thinking about how we really have no clue what we are doing and about the future and all that stuff but I know thats probably just normal parent worries and that God gave him to us and therefore will give us strength and guidance to parent him too!
Jim is AMAZING with him! One of my favorite parts of being a parent is watching my husband be a dad! He does the most adorable voice and says the cutest things to him and well, he is just an awesome dad! We are a team and pretty much splitting up tasks 50/50 and loving it! Daddy LOVES to hold Isaac and Isaac only goes into his swing while we are eating because we love to hold him so much! Plus with adoption, they say to hold as much as possible to establish that bond! When we feed him, he loves looking into our eyes! It is so precious! Last night 3 times in a row I kissed him on the corner of his mouth and each time he smiled!
We will be forever grateful for this little guy and we are trying our hardest not to take for granted ANY of these moments and are trying to soak them all in! The wait was well worth this! God's timing is ALWAYS best! We are amazed at how God has orchrestrated this journey and blessed us more than we could ever imagine! We know we are just a small part of God's plans and story for Isaac but we love being a part of it! I look forward to seeing how God will use this little man! I am praying Isaac not only comes to know Christ but is so in love with Him even during teen years that EVERYTHING he does in life is driven by his love for Christ! That is my only goal for him!
Ok...here are a few more pics! I plan on (someday when I have time) to write about each day from the day we got the call, the day we met him and the birthmom and the day we brought him home, so stay tuned!
Some of these pics are at home and some are from his first doctor's appointment yesterday, which went great! His pediatrician was mine so we got a picture of the doctor holding him, which I love! He is healthy and gained 3 oz in one day from when we took him home from the hospital! He weighs 5 lbs 4 oz right now!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't worry about feeling like you don't know what you're doing, I felt like that for awhile when I was a brand new parent. I felt like looking over my shoulder everywhere we went thinking, surely they are not going to let ME be responsible for this tiny baby?!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that God blessed you with this tiny miracle. He is going to change your lives in such amazing ways. I am so excited that you get to know the joy of being mommy and daddy. April and Jim, I'm just praising God for you both!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou feel like you don't know what you are doing because you understand how precious he is! It's a trait of a good parent! Your new found instincts are one of the blessings from God that I think give us an idea of His love for us. God loves you more than you can love Issac...that still amazes me!
ReplyDeletesounds like your family is adjusting just right - oh, how I miss the newborn phase. nothing cuter than a swaddled-up "burrito" baby!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats again - so happy for you! :)
He's so teeny!! Aww!!
ReplyDeleteI was reading your timeline in the sidebar of your blog. what grant did you apply for that was for the AA domestic adoption?
ReplyDeletelinds, it was through our agency!
ReplyDeleteHe is so precious!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amy
april...oh APRIL! i am just over the moon for your new family. he is so precious. and you are right, parenting is such an amazing gift from God and you won't know what you're doing...but you're doing exactly what you should do, and that's keeping your eyes on the Lord. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are on a 5 week vacation and I missed seeing that you got the call. How amazingly fast was that? He is sooo precious!
ReplyDeleteWeeMan is 18 mos old and I still have days where I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. But it does get easier. He's so wide eyed and alert in the pictures! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteWeeMan is 18 mos old and I still have days where I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. But it does get easier. He's so wide eyed and alert in the pictures! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are on a 5 week vacation and I missed seeing that you got the call. How amazingly fast was that? He is sooo precious!
ReplyDeletelinds, it was through our agency!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that God blessed you with this tiny miracle. He is going to change your lives in such amazing ways. I am so excited that you get to know the joy of being mommy and daddy. April and Jim, I'm just praising God for you both!!!!
ReplyDelete