Photobucket

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Annabelle's stocking...

Today is December 3rd and Tuesday the 6th will be SIX months since we said good-bye to our little girl. 

I found this wonderful idea from another mom whose little girl is in Heaven and was really inspired to do the same thing she did the first Christmas without her baby.  The following is a letter we will be putting on here, facebook and will most likely send to family/friends in Christmas cards.  Please read, and if you feel so inspired, participate.  I know a lot of you are remembering your angels this Christmas, so feel free to do the same in memory of your precious child.

Dear Friends & Family,


First, let me thank you all for your love, support and prayers over the past year. Thank you for sharing in the excitement of our pregnancy and in the sorrow of our loss. We know each one of you felt our pain during the loss of Annabelle and weeped along with us and prayed so much and we can never thank you enough.


As the holidays are approaching, we are excited to spend time with family and friends and watching the excitement in Isaac's eyes just overwhelms our hearts sometimes. But, we still feel the need to remember our daughter this Christmas. We want to get a little pink stocking, but really don't want to see it hang empty, so we have decided to enlist all of you to help us.

All that we ask is that sometime between now and Christmas, do something nice for someone, no matter how small or large. It doesn't have to involve money--just commit a random act of kindness. When you do it, think of Annabelle and dedicate that act to her. You can even leave a note saying, “This random act of kindness was done in memory of Annabelle Starkey", but you don’t have to. Please write down your act of kindness and send it to me through e-mail (at aprilcstarkey@gmail.com) and put “Annabelle's Stocking” in the subject line or slip a note into your Christmas cards to us. I won't read it. I will print out the emails and save the cards and put it in her stocking. Then, on Christmas morning, we will open up all the notes and read them. Feel free to share this request with your other friends and family and forward to your facebook contacts, but even if only a few of you do this, we will have a really beautiful thing to share on Christmas in our sweet baby's memory and someone else (the recipient of your kindness) will benefit by a true example of the spirit of Christmas. I will pray that all of us will be struck by inspiration, that something will come to each of us, some kindness that we can share of ourselves, in Annabelle's name and in her memory, to benefit someone else.

Here are a few links with ideas of random acts of kindness just to give you some ideas...

Random acts of kindness at MISS foundation

Random acts of kindness ideas

You can also search "random acts of kindness" on pinterest for some great ideas.


Thank you so much for your participation and your continued love and support!


 Love, Jim, April & Isaac
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! What a great way to remember her. I usually adopt an angel from the Angel Tree at Christmas that would be the same age as Josh. Unfortunately, this year money is really tight and I can't do that but this is an even better idea. Instead of one person being blessed, a lot will! I'm going to use it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME idea!! I just might steal this... I bought Stella a stocking tonight and what a great way to begin filling it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful idea. I might have to steal it also. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete