What can I say, I was sad to say my little baby boy was turning into a toddler but here we are in the toddler stage and all I can say is that I love it too! Of course, he is still and will always be my baby boy but I am really loving this toddler stage. I love their independence that they learn, I love how they start trying to say more and more and babble and babble on for minutes and you have no clue what they are saying. I love even the tantrums because from what I read and hear from all experts or friends/family of mine is this is the exact age those beautiful tantrums start and it's normal because they are learning how to process their emotions and for now we have to really watch how we handle them with him because sooner than later he will start reacting and behaving how he watches us behave! I love it because as a toddler, it gives me more opportunities each day to better myself as a mom and react the way God would want me to react and handle a situation as a mom...do I always get it right? No way, but God's grace is amazing and the times I realize I failed at reacting or handling a situation a certain way, I love how I can immediately go to my Father and just ask for forgiveness and for help, to help me become the mother He wants me to be for Isaac and to show me how to mother the way He wants me to! I love all the learning I'm getting too during this phase. Yet I must say, Isaac rarely has these so called tantrums, so when he does have them, sometimes I even want to laugh because he is so cute but I know I have to handle them correctly! I have realized the rare occasion he has them, for the most part is if he is hungry or needs a nap!
I just LOVE seeing his personality come out more and more. What can I say, he is precious. He LOVES to share, he listens so amazingly and follows our directions and commands very well. I believe his comprehension is very good. I love how he is wanting to feed himself more and more and letting us know what he wants or doesn't want by shaking his head yes or no or saying it. He is SO friendly and says Hi to everyone when we go out! He LOVES our toothbrushes (electric ones) and loves to carry things around the house. He seems to always have something in his hand.
| Cuddling with papaw! |
He is so well rounded and has a good mixture of everything because he can be very active and very curious and energetic, yet he also is a cuddler and loves cuddle with daddy & mommy and also there are moments when I find him by himself sitting and reading (looking at) a book for several minutes. Everytime football is on, he raises his hand and says go, go, go because daddy taught him to say go football but he cant say football yet, so he just raises his arm high in the air and says go, go, go! ;0) He also still does the raising of his hands when we say praise Jesus, which is so cute! He tries to jump too, we say 1, 2, 3 and we both jump but he can figure out how to get his feet off the ground yet but he is doing the position perfect so i'm sure soon, he will begin jumping!
He knows where his head, hair, belly, feet, hands, mouth and most of the time ears, eyes and nose too but sometimes he gets the last three mixed up! If we give him a DVD, he knows how to go over to the xbox player and open the tray, put the DVD in gently and close it. It's so adorable. At night, daddy always takes him up and tucks him in but we have a ritual or whatever you call it where as he and daddy are walking up the stairs, he waits for me to come up and stand by the stairwell wooden bars and we both lean in and kiss each other through the bars. It's my favorite part of the night! He loves to gives lots of kisses and hugs throughout the day, which melts me everytime. He also knows where his favorite characters are in his elmo and veggie tale books when we read to him and he will point to them and find them when we ask where elmo or larry is! He LOVES my lotion and loves for me to put a little dot on and he rubs his hands together and smiles real big.
He helps daddy make coffee. Jim lifts him up and he knows to grab a coffee filter and puts it perfectly in the container and then pushes the button to grind the beans and laughs everytime and knows how to turn the coffee maker on too! Daddy also spoils him on the weekends when they get up together and Jim puts a little chocolate syrup in his milk, which is a BIG treat because throughout the week Isaac just drinks milk and water. We don't give him juice, only on special occasions, but he doesn't care because he loves water and milk!
Here are his words he is saying right now at 17 months...
more milk (his first set of two words he put together)
kitty
mama
dada
mamaw
up
hot
no
yes
bird
moo (when asked what a cow says)
more
done
dog
milk
ball
uh-oh
tries saying elmo but comes out as melmo...so cute
No comments:
Post a Comment