I've been praying that God would continue to open my eyes more and more and break my heart for what breaks His. I no longer want to be the way I use to be. I don't want to be numb or blind to the things that are going on, to the ways that God is calling us to help the orphans, the hurting, the least of these. He again today broke my heart again and I am so thankful He did, so I can start praying for this organization and so I can pass it on to you all and you can pray too!
Its called Drawn from water. http://www.drawnfromwater.org/
The video explains it all! To explain a short version though...these people are helping rescue these little babies and children from a tribe in africa (ethiopia I believe) that believe if the child has certain things such as the teeth grow in up top first instead of the bottom, they believe the child is a curse and they drown the child. Many, many babies and children have been drowned because the tribe elders thought they were cursed, when really the babies precious little teeth just came in up top first instead of the bottom. This hurts my heart so much, brings tears to my eyes! What evil this is, what sadness! We can help though...we can bring awareness to this organization that is starting an orphanage just for these "mingi" children. We can support and most of all, we can pray! Pray for these precious children, pray for the ones that still need rescued and that they'll be rescued in enough time before they are drowned! Pray for this organization!
Love to all,
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just read your comment on my blog...and I got the "Go, Seek, Love" t's here: http://duboisadoption.com/t-shirt_fundraiser.html
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOOOOOOO excited about YOUR adoption and can't wait to follow! Adding your blog to my follow list!
I am sick to my stomach and my heart literally hurts...but thank you for sharing this! I am off to spread the word myself and start praying!
ReplyDeleteBlessings~
Jenn
for some reason I could not watch the video. I even went to the blog, it did not show anything. Did anyone else have this problem?
ReplyDeletehmmm...that is weird...your right...its not showing it now! So you went to their website too? thats a bummer because its a great video...go to jenn's site which is the comment above yours and see if you can watch it on hers because she posted about it also!
ReplyDelete