This morning I was reading in 1 Kings about Elijah. After Elijah had told King Ahab about the drought that God was going to put on the land for the next few years, God told Elijah to flee to the Kerith Ravine east of the Jordan to escape and hide from King Ahab since Ahab wanted to kill him. What I LOVE about this passage is what comes next, God told Elijah he would drink from the brook there and God said that He had ordered the ravens to feed Elijah there.
Maybe its just me but it blows my mind how awesome our God is. Again and again, God shows us just how powerful He is. I think when we go throughout our day to day lives, sometimes we lose track of just how great and powerful He is and how He can do anything. I LOVE how it says God ordered the ravens to bring Elijah meat and bread twice each day for those years of no rain. It shows again how God can command even animals to do as He says. The winds and the waves obey Him, the Ravens listen to Him and do what He says...its so awesome to read in scripture over and over again how He does these things! I love how it goes on and Elijah challenges the prophets of Baal to come up on Mt. Carmel with him and each build an alter to their god and whoever's God brings down fire on the sacrifice will be The God. The prophets of baal dance, cut themselves and so much more trying to get their god baal to do something. When it came time for Elijah to ask God to bring down fire, Elijah had them pour water on and around the alter three times, so much to where a trench of water was around it. God then brought fire down and consumed everything, the soil and the water in the trench.
How amazing is that! Our God who brought down fire to show He is THE God, who ordered ravens to bring food to Elijah...is the same God who is taking care of us, leading us to our adopted children and knows the very hairs on our childs head even if we do not know who they are yet or how they are doing! This story reminds me that God can move or command anything He wants to and I believe that He can do the same for any mountains that we adoptive parents come across during our journey of bringing our children home! We may have many small mountains or right now you may have a huge mountain ahead of you that you need moved for this adoption to work or for you to be able to take your child home...be encouraged and remember with me how our God can and will if it's His will, move any mountain or obstacle to help bring you and your child together! He is still the God who He was back then when He did all those things...He is still doing all those things today...lets be on the watch for them! He amazes me so much!
Love to all!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just wanted to say hi! Husband man and I are adopting from Uganda as well, and I'm just wondering what home you will be using. We're using Sanyu. Congrats on your future baby and good luck!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say hi! Husband man and I are adopting from Uganda as well, and I'm just wondering what home you will be using. We're using Sanyu. Congrats on your future baby and good luck!
ReplyDelete