
Of course we really do not know how long it will be until we go get our girl...but the earliest I would say we are is two months paper pregnant...we could even be up to four months paper pregnant but that would be if things went fast and smooth and we got our referral and funds for the adoption in a timely manner! So thats why I am guessing more around two months along!
Its fun to say that...paper pregnant! It's so true, we have TONS of paperwork...we may not be getting the morning sickness but we sure are getting the blurry eyes and risk of paper cuts from all the paper work! :0) So worth it though! We are hoping we are filling it out right so we don't have to resend anything! Lots of these forms we have to send in cost LOTS of $ and take LOTS of time to process!
Our first homestudy appointment is Tuesday at 3:30PM so please be in prayer about that! Although, our social worker seems very nice, which we are so happy about! We are fixing all the fire inspection things we need to fix and then next Wednesday the fire guy will be back to inspect again and hopefully approve and sign the paper! We need to get rid of all multi-plug adapters and extension cords and hang up our fire extinguisher etc...
Our lawyer is working right now with finding us the right babies home. We LOVE our lawyer...she is amazing!
One cool bit of information for those of you who don't know...our pastor was adopted himself, which I think is so awesome!
We found our childs pediatrician! He was my childhood doctor and we LOVED him! I called and they were actually not taking any patients and had no waiting list but I explained to them how I was his patient as a child and how we were adopting from Africa and they said he would definitely take us! I was excited! My mom said he even called one time to check up on me when he was on vacation, because I was real sick! How awesome is that! I am so excited that our babies doctor is the same one I had!
With each little thing we cross off the list, each form filled out, each inspection done, each email...Jim and I get more and more excited! We are starting to think about how we will hopefully be able to do the nursery! We cannot wait to bring our baby home and start loving on her and teaching her about Jesus!
A couple years ago, I could have never imagined this is where we would be and at that time years ago, I would have thought I would have not wanted this...yet now being in this journey and trusting and following God...it's where I want to be and I LOVE it and I am so excited to be a mommy by heart! Already she is growing inside my heart, already I am falling in love with her even though I don't know what she looks like...our heavenly Father does and that's enough for me!
Love to all,
Hopefully your gestational period is quicker than a (sperm) whale. You might find this list interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestation_period
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting, love filled, faith filled journey adoption is! I am so excited to be "meeting" all of you wonderful people who are currently on the journey, whom I know I can turn to for advice when we begin ours! I can't wait til you get your little girl! <3
ReplyDeletehaha...thanks diana for that link...thats a cute list showing the gestation lengths of many animals...that was fun to look at! The mouse has only 21 days of gestation...wow thats fast! :0)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you...believe me it is very very similar in hundreds of ways. I actually was nauseous when we first started. Ha! Just nerves :) Each step is one closer to your sweet baby.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amy
so funny! hopefully I'll be "paper" pregnant in the next few weeks - yikes!! can't wait though I will miss being able to eat for two. ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings to you as you prepare to bring your precious daughter home!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings to you as you prepare to bring your precious daughter home!
What an exciting, love filled, faith filled journey adoption is! I am so excited to be "meeting" all of you wonderful people who are currently on the journey, whom I know I can turn to for advice when we begin ours! I can't wait til you get your little girl! <3
ReplyDelete