Please feel free to voice your opinion on any of them if you have read them! Especially if you think they are not worth our time and there are better books in that category to read! Such as, we are wanting to find some good solid christian parenting books and christian adoption/parenting books since this is our first child! We want a book that can be a guide to us for all kinds of circumstances that can arise with our new baby but in a christian aspect and possibly even adoption aspect, if that makes sense!
Books we recently read and HIGHLY recommend:
Crazy Love by Francis Chan ~ Best book I have ever read besides the bible of course! Jim and I have both read this and love it.
Adopted for Life by Russell Moore~ I just finished it and Jim is reading it right now. It's a must for anyone looking to adopt, knows someone adopting, adopting or not even adopting...its just great! Its about not only adopting but our adoption through Jesus Christ!
The unquenchable worshipper by Matt Redman
I am not but I know I AM by Louie Giglio
The air I breathe by Louie Giglio
Books we are reading right now:
Well Jim is still reading Adopted for life as mentioned above.
Successful Adoption: A guide for christian families by Natalie Nichols Gillespie
Forgotten God by Francis Chan
Shepherding a child's heart by Ted Tripp
Books we want to read soon: (Up for suggestions on any we might not know of)
Fields of the Fatherless by Tom Davis
Red Letters: Living a faith that bleeds by Tom Davis
From ashes to Africa by Josh & Amy Bottomly
The connected child by Karyn Purvis
There is no me without you by Melissa Fay greene
Making Children mind without losing yours by Dr. Kevin Lehman
The complete book of Christian parenting and childcare by William sears
Same kind of different as me by Ron Hall
The whole in our gospel by Richard Stearns
Parenting your internationally adopted child
Jim and I LOVE to read and since this is our first child and we have a big passion/burden/heart for orphans we are wanting to get and read as many books pertaining to these matters as possible!
What book(s) are you reading?
Love to all,
No comments:
Post a Comment