Hey!
We just had our SECOND fire inspection and did not get it all again so he has to come back again. It's getting frustrating. He is SUPER strict. First time around we didn't pass because we had multi-plug adapters, extension cords, no smoke alarm in the babies room, we had to move the smoke alarm from the middle of the basement ceiling to the stairway and we needed to hang up our fire extinguisher and put child caps on all the outlets. So we did all that...or so we thought! :0)
He came back today and did not like where our fire extinguisher was hung so we have to move it to a different place. Also the people before had a multi-plug adapter that was built into the wall (screwed in) and so we thought that would be ok but it wasn't so while they were here he had me unscrew it and he popped and pulled on it hard until it came out and showed a normal two outlet behind it but it needs a face plate on it...so now we have to hang our fire extinguisher in a different spot and get a face plate and child caps for the outlet that I mentioned above and then have him come back for a third time and hopefully final time! I never thought these things were so strict and hard to pass but from what I am hearing, we have a strict one! Oh well, at least once its all done we know we will have everything safe and ready for Isabella!
On a good note, yesterday was our first homestudy appointment and it went really, really well! Our social worker is super nice and we like her and she seems to like us! We passed the home inspection and she said we didn't even need to change anything and she didn't have any suggestions because everything was good! That was music to my ears! She did some basic questions and then said our next appointment will be the individual interviews! I am so glad that appointment went well! Thank you God!
I am trying to find some online transcription jobs to apply for since most likely I'll be jobless within 3-4 weeks! I would love to find something at home so I can be home when we bring home Isabella!
I just heard of the 6.1 magnitude after shock in Haiti....please keep praying for this country, these people and the precious orphans, children and babies!
Love to all,
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad the first homestudy appt went well. We just finished up our homestudy about a month ago. I loved working with our social worker and learning new info she had to share.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're adopting from Uganda! I'll be following your blog, too :)
ReplyDeleteOur probation officer/social worker was impressed that we had an inside toilet when we had our homestudy done.... ;)
checking in to see how it's going. hang in there...you are right, it is all leading for you to be ready for your little one! enjoy this journey, she'll be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteThis is crazy!! Wow -- he's pretty strict! Hope it's all over with him soon!
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question: VMI (Virginia Military Institute) is a military college. It's the West Point of the South! :) My husband graduated in 2004 and then worked for them for 5 years until we moved this summer. We were deeply involved in the cadet ministry and it took up the majority of our times. It was basically our life focus for the 5 years we lived there. They are amazing guys - and the school is incredible. VMI is rated in the top 10 schools in the country by Forbes magazine ... General Marshall (WWII Marshall Plan), General Patton, Stonewall Jackson, and Col. Hickey (the man who captured Saddam Hussein) all attended VMI. Sorry -- just realized I went on and on and on about it! haha I just love the place so much! :)
So frusterating about the fire inspection...I am shocked they are making you do all of those things! 3rd time is a charm, right:)!!!
ReplyDeleteSo frusterating about the fire inspection...I am shocked they are making you do all of those things! 3rd time is a charm, right:)!!!
ReplyDelete