So what does 2011 hold? Well, only He knows and I will just follow. To best describe how I feel when thinking about 2011 and what I want to do...this song sums it up for me...
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...
All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
This life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you
Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone
In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...
All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
This life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you
Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone
In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow
My goal in 2011 is to follow my Savior, to REALLY follow, not to just say it, think about or half do it but my prayer and hope is that I can truly follow Him with all my heart this year and be ready and so close to Him that if He says GO, I will immediately GO without any hesitations. If He says move or stay I want to do the same. I want to love more the way that He loves, love with abandon. No judging, just loving who He loves. I want to serve how He serves...WOW...that's a big one. That is one thing I would love to study, pray about and seek Him about in the beginning of this new year is how He serves and ask Him to help me learn how to serve like Him!
Every year, I do feel God has drawn me closer to Him, changed me in so many ways and 2010 was probably the biggest one yet...BUT I know He has so much more for me to grow in and change to become more closer to the image of His Son and so He can use me for His kingdom. So I am pumped to seek His face (Jeremiah 29:13) even more this year and seek Him and find Him more and more as He continues to reveal Himself to me.
I was reading in my devotions this morning how He designed us to have no sufficiency of our own. So that we can realize and find all that we need is in Him! The next list of things that I would LOVE to accomplish in 2011 is a list that I cannot do on my own, even if I tried for I am not sufficient enough...BUT HE IS...so with His sufficiency and with Him as my guide, I know I can accomplish these things if they are in His plans for my life this year....
- Sometimes I let fear control me, which is not good. Whether its my fear of flying, fear of worship leading sometimes still or whatever it brings up in my head but I know this fear is not from Him so I would love to give it to Him completely this year.
- I truly know I cannot be the mother He or myself wants to be on my own but by His strength and grace, I am praying that He will guide me, give me wisdom and mold me into the mother he wants me to be for Isaac.
- I would love to get healthy and continue on my journey of weight loss and get over the bondage that this weight and food has had me under for so long.
- I want to become a better house cleaner, I'm slowly getting there but it just doesn't come natural to me and I want to please my Father in all that I do so this is one area I want to work on this year.
- I want to try and find little things about my husband that make him happy and study him more this year, kind of like when we were dating, and do things every so often to just brighten his day that lets him know how much he means to me. We have such a good marriage but I dont want us to get comfortable in our happy marriage, I want to keep making it better and thriving!
- Lord willing, if He leads us in this direction, I would love for us to start the adoption process again for hopefully Uganda or wherever or whenever He calls us. Again, the thought of $ scares me and makes me not want to start, but I know that's just the enemy, b/c we didn't have $27,000 for Isaac and yet God provided it all for us! I have to remember Ephesians 3:20!
No comments:
Post a Comment