One part in particular stuck out to me during this video so I wrote it down...
"A 4 year-old boy sitting on the side of the road, no one to comfort or take him in. No food, nothing. I woke up in the middle of the night and had this picture of the little boy and felt God asking me.. ”what if that was Hudson” which is my 4 year old. You don’t mess with a Father’s heart. If my boy was on the side of the road across the world from me, suffering, totally alone and not knowing whats happening. This little boy is not old enough to comprehend this, he’s abandoned. He has no one to fight for his cause. No one to give him a voice. He doesn’t even know how to articulate his circumstances. He’s hungry and no one’s feeding him. He’s starving to death. If my son was in that situation stick a concrete wall in front of me and I would claw through it with my bear hands. This is my son we are talking about and if I couldn’t get there, I would call up every friend I have and say I have a son over in Liberia. I need you to get on a plane and I need you to get to him. I’ll give you the coordinates, I’ll do whatever it takes but I need you to get to my son and be a father to him. God’s response…Eric, that’s MY Hudson. He’s looking to us and saying I’m calling up everyone I know, everyone on my list that calls themselves by My name, that says they are a friend of God and I’m saying my son is over in Liberia, are you willing to get on that plane and get to him? We have a cause but we don’t want to see it. You are the body of Christ, I am not there except through you, see those hands of yours, those are My hands, your feet, those are My feet. I am the Father to the fatherless through My body. I rescue the weak and the vulnerable through you. If your not doing it, NO ONE is. There is a solution for these dying children…JESUS CHRIST! Are you willing when you go home tonight to grieve for those children knowing those are God’s children. God is longing for an advocate to stand up and say God I am willing to fight for what is Yours, I am willing, burden me."
I am seeking the Lord for what He would want me to do as He is laying these precious children of His on my heart more and more every day, so strongly to where its almost all I think about. If you feel led to want to start helping in anyway...i know of some wonderful ways to get started being His hands and feet. My friend Christie just arrived in Uganda two days ago and still has MANY children left to sponsor for the year. Only $100 to sponsor a child. The line of parents waiting to get their children profiled yesterday was long and when they told them they were done for the day, the parents didn't want to leave, fearing their children would not get sponsored...we can help take that fear away from them...we can sponsor these precious children, God's children and ease the fears and burdens of their parents! Go to the following link to sponsor a child from the Bugabo village where Christie is, along with two other links to great ministries that you can get started with!
- Compass in my heart (Christie's blog, you paypal on her site to sponsor child)
- Amazima Ministries (similar child sponsorship and other things.)
- 147 Million Orphans (all profits go to helping Amazima ministries of children/women of Uganda)
This video really resonated with me as well. I decided from now on, when someone asks why we are adopting I will just direct them to this video. All great ministries as well.
ReplyDeleteI've read your blog for quite some time. This post has moved me to tears. Thanks for sharing the video.
ReplyDeleteThis video reminds me of a powerful video that I love called, “Tears of the Saints”. It is 6 1/2 minutes long. I encourage everyone to watch it.
ReplyDeleteHere is the link: http://vimeo.com/2843450.
God has graciously given me a burden to reach the unreached and care for orphans and the truly needy who have no one to help them. I hope and pray that the body of Christ as a whole and as families and as individuals will share the burden and will actively be involved in fulfilling the Great Commission by praying, sending, and/or going for the glory of God!