This past Sunday our pastor did a really neat Christmas message. He spoke about how there are over 300 prophecies of Jesus Christ birth and EACH ONE CAME TO BE! How awesome is that. He did his message on just 8 of those 300 prophecies to show that God not only showed us in His word what the Messiah must come from but also out of what family, out of what nation, out of what specific tribe, and out of what family from that specific tribe and what specific household and one specific women...and then gave the scriptures to show us the answer to each of those prophecies in the word and I was so fascinated and loved this so much that I wanted to share them with you all.
An interesting fact, did you know that for just 8 OF THESE PROPHECIES to be fufilled is1 in 10 to the 17th power or in a way we can better understand....if Texas was filled two feet high with silver dollars and we marked just ONE and blind folded someone and had them go in and pick one and they picked that one silver dollar...that is comparable to how just 8 of these 300 prophecies that all were fufilled are! AMAZING! How can anyone read the prophecies and see in scripture and in history itself that they all came true and not believe!
- Messiah must come from the human race - Genesis 3:15
- Must come out of the family of Shem - Genesis 9
- Must come out of the nation of Israel - Genesis 12
- Must come out of a specific tribe - Numbers 24:17 (Jacob)
- and from a specific son from that tribe - Genesis 49:10 (Judah)
- Must come from a certain family - Isaiah 11:12 - Jesse
- From one specific household and son of Jesse - 2 Samuel 7:8 (David)
- From one specific women out of David's family. - Isaiah 7:14
I just finished rocking Isaac back to sleep after he woke up with ear pain from teething and what a precious time it was. I sat there and got the chance that I had been waiting for, for so many Christmas's! To hold my son and sing to him about our King and then tell him about Him and pray over him that one day he would come to know Jesus as his personal Savior. To watch him stare into my eyes as I sang to him and talked to him and then gently fall back asleep. I started crying because last year at this time, Jim and I were JUST starting the process of adoption and wondering what all the next year held and wondering if we would be parents the next Christmas. We have so much to be thankful for...a God who loves us so much, a God who stopped down low and came to earth to save us, a God who did more than we ever imagined and brought Isaac James into our lives! We are VERY Merry this Christmas and very blessed!
Merry Christmas everyone! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment