Photobucket

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Isaac's adoption finalization party!

I remember months ago when it felt like it would be forever before Isaac's adoption finalization would come but here we are only 10 days out from his court date and 11 days from his party and 12 days from his baby dedication and we couldn't be more excited! Today I was just thinking about what I might say when the judge or our lawyer asks us in court some of the questions they will ask and I couldn't even get through it without crying just today! Hopefully I can make it through without becoming a basket full of tears during the hearing!

Anyways, we are having a party to celebrate Isaac officially becoming a Starkey and being adopted on Saturday January 8th at 6:30p.m at Jim's parent's house because our house is not big enough to hold people! I am sick right now but I am hoping to get out within the next day or two some invite reminders to people but I may not be able to but I have sent out information on facebook and if you don't have facebook and would like to come please contact me for details!

We are planning on having finger foods like chicken salad sandwiches, pigs in a blanket and vegetable pizzas along with some yummy desserts and punch! My goal is to have his scrapbook up to date but there is a good chance, since I am sick, that it won't but I will have whatever I have done out and pictures and we plan on having a slideshow of pictures on the tv and throughout the night I want to stop and have everyone watch Isaac's gotcha day video too!

I have a really cool thing I want to do and am hoping to get it done in enough time! It's a family tree that I will buy canvas and frame and have my friend Shaun paint a tree on and then we will buy 2-3 colors of green ink and have people who come to the adoption party that night, put their thumb print on a branch as a leaf and write their name beside and it will become Isaac's new family tree! Here are some pic's of others people have done...




I'm hoping to make a cute banner with my Cricut too but now with me being sick and having this nasty eye infection, its going to be harder to get it all done but I will try! We are so excited to have everyone come out and celebrate with us, this most special time in our lives!

Here is the invite! Let me know if you want more information!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to get things done and you feel better soon. I love the family tree idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April!
    Hey! I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    I've been praying for you! I wish that we lived closer so we could be there for the adoption party! It sounds perfect. I am so happy for ya'll!
    loveforthelot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh!!! SO excited for you!!!!! Love that tree - and of course the announcement is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete