Photobucket

Monday, December 13, 2010

Isaac's nursery!

I realized I have not put up pictures of Isaac's nursery yet and for those of you who have not seen them on facebook yet I thought I would put them here too! I'm hoping to possibly get better pictures of the nursery soon by my aunt who loves to take pictures of objects and things.
I started with these fabrics to the left here. I looked at EVERY single store possible for neutral bedding that I liked since we had no clue at the time which gender we would get. There were LOTS of pastels and I didn't want pastels plus I found out that babies can only see bright contrast colors at first anyways! Plus if you know me at all you know I am all about color and whimsy and bright and fun!  So I started looking at different places online and found some people through Etsy.com that made custom-made crib sets for just a little bit more money than the stores and these were hand-made and better quality PLUS I got to design it so I decided that was the direction we were going to go. So I used my birthday money and bought his crib set. I went online to different fabric stores and found fabrics I loved and made my only little collection up to show the crib bedding designer and so she took my ideas and ran with it and made Isaac's beautiful bedding that we can also use again if God blesses us with a another child and it's great for either gender! So the following are pictures of the crib bedding completed and in the bag it came in.

I was so excited when we got this in because it took quite awhile to get it in since she had to make it herself and she had lots of orders to do. She did such a great job and the material and bedding is of great quality. I HIGHLY recommend her if you want to have any custom crib bedding or curtains made.  Here is the link to her etsy store...Rocky Top Design 

So without further ado, here are the rest of the pictures of the nursery...

 We painted the room a color called warm nutmeg, which is a soft brown or tan I would say. I wanted to use it because i love the color and i figured it would calm down all the bright colors everywhere else in the room and I have to say I love the color of it against the contrast of the bright colors of the bedding and valances. On the shelves I put a few Dr. Seuss plush characters and Dr. Seuss books along with two of the bags that my friend Shaun made as centerpieces for our baby shower.



Here is the inside of Isaac's crib! Very colorful with lots of patterns. He LOVES to just sit in it and look around! He loves his bedding and I find him so many times when we are playing on his bedroom floor, staring over at his crib bedding and wanting to touch it! It makes me very happy knowing I picked out something that grabs his attention and that he likes!

 The picture frames are framed artwork my friend did for our baby shower. They were those bags from the previous picture that I cut up and framed so I could hang them on his wall and display a lot of them! She did such an amazing job handpainting all the Dr. Seuss characters! Isaac LOVES to stair at them! We loved the teal blue fabric with the white dotted circles so much that I ordered some myself and had my mom make Isaac's valances and she did an awesome job on them!

 One of my good friend's Savannah has a mom who is also a family friend of ours and she is an artist! She can paint so beautifully! She gifted us these letters for Isaac's nursery that I just FEEL IN LOVE WITH! They go perfect with the whimsy/colorful/Dr. Seuss theme we have going on and I just love them!


 Here is an organizer that hangs off of our changing table that we LOVE! It holds really anything you want to put in it! Diapers, wipes, lotion, toys, medicines, you name it you can put it in there and I just love how its off to the side and not in the way but very easy for me to access everything I need! I like how clean and simple it is too!

The next picture is of the totes I bought or were gifted that we labeled and put underneath the changing table since we don't have a dresser yet! It's very convenient and I like the look! I can change the labels, which I have already and have plenty of space to store some of his clothes, toys, books and such!


Hope you enjoyed taking a peak into Isaac's nursery! We had a blast planning and thinking it up and then decorating it and now most of all we love watching him play and sleep in it!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Love Love Love his nursery!!!!! I also like your idea of storage under the changing table, I never thought of that, and it looks like it works great! Where did you get the pocket organizer that hangs off of his changing table, another great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOOODNESS!!! It's just ADORABLE! I love everything about it!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOOODNESS!!! It's just ADORABLE! I love everything about it!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love his nursery!!!!! I also like your idea of storage under the changing table, I never thought of that, and it looks like it works great! Where did you get the pocket organizer that hangs off of his changing table, another great idea!!

    ReplyDelete