Photobucket

Monday, November 12, 2012

Long overdue...our TAC surgery in Chicago with lots of pictures!!!

It's been a few months since our TAC surgery in Chicago and since we kept our pregnancy a secret for so long, I completely forgot to write about the day we found out we were pregnant and our stay in Chicago for the TAC surgery, so here it is, a post full of pictures and details of that time!!!

Here is my 6 week picture. The day we found out, I had Jim take this picture since I knew it would be a long time before my tummy would be that flat again! :) We found out we were pregnant on August 11th! Beside it is one from yesterday at almost 20 weeks along!



The dark blue line is pregnancy line and the light blue line is actually the line to just compare with! So with a line that dark, we were so excited!

Here is our second ultrasound we had! It's amazing to see how little our Micaiah was at this stage compared to how big he is on ultrasound now!

This was taken of Micaiah the day after our TAC surgery to show he was ok after the surgery!

Our room at the Ronald McDonald House...they were ABSOLUTELY amazing there!

Mamaw and Isaac at the Ronald McDonald house! This saddens my heart because see how much length he has on his pants in this picture, that was just a few months ago and those pants are high watered on him now. He must have gone through a growth spurt!

Eating breakfast at the Ronald McDonald house two days after surgery! You can tell how much Isaac was LOVING this place!

Isaac LOVED the toy room at the Ronald McDonald house!



Mamaw & Isaac out to eat at an Italian restaurant the night before my surgery!



Jim and I, the night before the BIG surgery. I was a bundle of nerves but knew we needed to have it in order to save our little baby! I was 10 weeks along in this picture! Isn't my husband so handsome!

The waiters and staff at this place absolutely LOVED Isaac...but then again, who doesn't!

Some lovin' from my baby boy! I cannot get enough of his kisses!

He was still learning his camera smiles then haha

Isaac checking out his meatball...YES that was the kid size portion! Almost as big as his head! He loved them!





Walking back to the car after dinner!

Isaac sitting beside Ronald at the Ronald McDonald house!


Isaac and mamaw cuddling in bed!

Isaac at the Ronald McDonald house while mommy and daddy were in the hospital!


I went in for the TAC on Monday September 10th and I was really nervous about being put to sleep as I had only ever been put to sleep one other time during an emergency D &C when I was hemorrhaging with our first baby we lost. Thankfully the anesthelogist was amazing and told me he would take good care of me and make this a great experience for me, which he did. They were amazing! I just remember laughing and talking with Dr. Haney and the nurses and then I woke up in recovery! I remember hating the nose oxygen tubing in my nose and wanted to pull it out but the nurse told me I needed to keep it in until I went to my room! I remember all of a sudden realizing how much pain I was in so she started my Diladid pump and as soon as that kicked in....well all I can say is...OH YEAH...that was some awesome stuff haha! The nurses were really sweet although we were in the maternity ward so everyone thought I had just had a baby instead of surgery! We stayed over night and until almost night time again the next day before being released and then we stayed one more night in the Ronald McDonald house before driving back home!
The man I will forever be grateful for! I thank God SO MUCH for leading and guiding us to Dr. Haney in Chicago and getting the TAC. I truly believe I have never met a better doctor. He is not only the #1 doctor in this area and people from other countries and failed TACs from other inexperienced doctors come to him, he has the best bedside manner too! I absolutely LOVE this guy and wish he lived in Ohio so he could be my doctor to deliver Micaiah!

Here is my belly at 19 weeks ! LOVE looking at my belly, so VERY thankful!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This post nearly brought tears of happiness to my eyes! What glorious pictures! You can see the love just radiating out of that doctor's face too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Nicole! He is ABSOLUTELY amazing and he responds to emails within hours usually and has calmed so many fears and given me so much information! Unfortunately he is so great that now he has spoiled me and no doctor I have come into contact since, has lived up to my expectations that I have now since having Dr. Haney haha ;0)

    ReplyDelete