Photobucket

Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thanks DAYS 4-8!!!



I am following Lysa TerKeurst's 30 days of thanks challenge. She posts a new verse each day for us to dwell on and think about what we are thankful for! It's still not too late if you want to join, just check out her facebook or twitter for the verses! 
Day 4: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17
What a great verse to really start your day off with! Whether we go off to our jobs or like me, we stay home and raise our children, if we read this verse and allow it to soak into our hearts, I think we will be more aware of how throughout the day, even in the little things, like feeding, playing with and picking up after a toddler, we can find ways to glorify God in ALL we do! I definitely needed to read this! It also reminds me that WHATEVER I SAY or however I act or decide to do something…it shouldn’t be for myself but for His glory and what would glorify Him! I am thankful for scripture that equips us, guides us and comforts us!

Day 5: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
-Oh if we could only go into situations with eyes, seeing it the way God sees it. If only we could remember to start every prayer off with thankfulness and if we could only remember to turn every fear and worry we have into thanking Him that He already knows the outcome, He knows all the days of our life before one of them came to be! This is a great verse for me to dwell on during this pregnancy with Micaiah, because so many times I can let my anxiety or fears start to creep up but this verse shows me that instead of doing that, I need to give ALL of those over to Him in thanksgiving and prayer and we know that after this verse it goes on to say and after doing this…the PEACE of God that transcends ALL understanding will GUARD our hearts and minds! Beautiful!
Day 6: "Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:2-3
-Oh great God, You are so good! With our words, with our actions, with our prayers, with our singing and playing and with our lives, we can worship You for all You have done, for all You are going to do and for who You are! I am so thankful today that I still live in a country where I can freely worship and pray to God at anytime of the day or night. What a blessing and privilege! I feel so thankful for the works He has done in my life and the way He has grown me and healed me in so many ways the past few years! He is so good!
Day 7: "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
-When I think on this verse I immediately think of the miracle of conception, pregnancy and birth. In Psalm 139 it talks about how God knows us so well, even watching us while we are formed in our mother’s wombs. I thank Him for creating me, creating my husband, my son Isaac and my children we have lost who are now in heaven and now I thank him for this precious life Micaiah, growing inside of me. God’s works ARE wonderful and I love how He knows all the details of me and my life. He is such an intimate, personal God! So thankful for that!
Day 8: "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! " 1 John 3:1
Oh what great love. I love adoption, earthly adoption gave me my son Isaac, but I am even more thankful for my adoption as a child of God, spiritual adoption. Oh what great love He has for us that we were orphans, we were nothing, had nothing, no hope, sinners and He sent His son to die for us, to save us and give us a new title…child of God, co-heir with Christ, part of the family of God. I LOVE that and am so thankful for that! 
 
LOVE, April

No comments:

Post a Comment